What have you found at Dumont?

After reading the what have you lost thread I got to thinking that I've found a whole lot more at Dumont than I've ever lost (thankfully) and thought it might be interesting to see what kinds of things have been found by everyone over the years, so I'll start...

2 - collapsable camp trash cans after an exceptionally windy night.

Numerous broken whips and flags

1 - 5 gallon can of gas and a bundle of firewood on the entrance road

1 - model rocket that my kids (adults) lost the year before

Edited by Mr. Sandman

We were camped deep in the canyon one year and experimenting with rockets, bare rocket engines with mickey moused aluminum can fins, nose cones, duct tape, gasoline and other miscellaneous and probably somewhat illegal modifications to them (which was in total violation of the rocketeers oath I might add, but really cool too). One rocket went up and out of sight never to be seen again. The next year, we found the highly modified rocket stuck nose down in the sand not too far from where it was launched. Evidently, the scientific modifications prevented the chute from opening and, well you know the rest, what goes up, must come down. :rain:

Edited by Mr. Sandman
  • Like 1