Dumont to Primm

ksc62

So i have searched the internet for a route from the dunes to primm. Many people have said they have done it, but no maps on how to get there. A group of us next weekend want to try it in the rzr's, but dont know how. Can anyone help on this topic.

I've looked into many routes to get to Dumont on my dual sport bike. I haven't done it yet, but it looks like the best route would be the powerline road from Primm to Excelsior Mine Rd to Smith Talc Rd and then shoot down the Sperry Wash route. )Reverse that for D to Primm of course) Not sure how legal it would be in you are not plated, but it's not really patrolled.

No because there is a fence out there now and that area is off limits. You would have to go down past the entrance and cross the river or enter into the sperry wash from the camp area if a trail allowed. The Sperry Wash is the trail head you see off to the left just before you cross the river at the concrete pad. It's labeled the Amargosa River on the map.

On GlamisDunes.com there is topic on this and someone posted a map.

For some reason I cant copy and paste the link. It's in General Chat and on page 2.

Oh perfect site to go to for Dumont info. lol I already have it mapped out too. I'll try posting a map later.

It's an Internet Explorer issue with the editor on the forum. Use Google Chrome instead. There's a topic about it in the help section.

You can get on the TNT railroad tracks somewhere down by the wash or by the North pole. Actually now that I think of it you can get up on the rewilroad bed anywhere as long as you stay on the Dumont side of the fence which would be on the other side of the track bed. From there I don't know how to go butt I know it's legal to run the old TNT rail bed. Be CAREFUL on it as old bridges have been washed out and there is no warning as you go over the cliff, so I would not suggest hot roddin the RR. Hopefully that will help. I will see if I can dig up some info for you.

Terry

• Like 1

You can get on the TNT railroad tracks somewhere down by the wash or by the North pole. Actually now that I think of it you can get up on the rewilroad bed anywhere as long as you stay on the Dumont side of the fence which would be on the other side of the track bed. From there I don't know how to go butt I know it's legal to run the old TNT rail bed. Be CAREFUL on it as old bridges have been washed out and there is no warning as you go over the cliff, so I would not suggest hot roddin the RR. Hopefully that will help. I will see if I can dig up some info for you.

Terry

Terry, I think you should change this whole post to I don't know? I tried that today and it is just not possible

No because there is a fence out there now and that area is off limits. You would have to go down past the entrance and cross the river or enter into the sperry wash from the camp area if a trail allowed. The Sperry Wash is the trail head you see off to the left just before you cross the river at the concrete pad. It's labeled the Amargosa River on the map.

From what people have posted on the gd forum, it's a smooth 2 hr. ride especially when you hit powerline rd. The ride should be about 55 miles total. No mention of fencing or barriers (maybe old info)? I'll be out there New Years on Monday or Tuesday with a Samurai jeep looking to attempt it.

From what people have posted on the gd forum, it's a smooth 2 hr. ride especially when you hit powerline rd. The ride should be about 55 miles total. No mention of fencing or barriers (maybe old info)? I'll be out there New Years on Monday or Tuesday with a Samurai jeep looking to attempt it.

The fence is fairly new, that's why I mentioned it.

Terry, I think you should change this whole post to I don't know? I tried that today and it is just not possible

Jim, it is my belief that somewhere back towards Sperry Wash from the North Pole there is a break in the fence so that people could continue to use the track bed even where the new fence line crosses it. It was planned that way but to tell you the truth I have never checked it out to see if they built it that way. Otherwise you can catch the RR bed from the area of the North Pole headed back towards HWY 127 through the salt flats.

What do you have now? Any advice for a new ksc owner?

yes, use the throttle like an egg was under your foot and your chain will last much longer. drive with both hands on the wheel and not rest your hand on the shifter. Doing this is like riding a quad with your foot pressed on the shifter. And these cars do best if you let the rear end not the front do most of the steering.