Christmas spirit

dunefreak

Merry Christmas or Bah Humbug?

I don't know if it's just me, but it seems this year the Christmas spirit just isn't in the air this year. Some years we do a traditional dinner, drink Wasail and have decorations up, but this year it came up so fast we aren't doing much. With all the dune trips lately getting stuff fixed and prepped, I don't even have time to think about putting up decorations. It's not like I'm really against it, but this year it's not really happening for me. Half my family is either working or not in town which doesn't help. It doesn't seem like I'm the only one. Even around town it doesn't feel like Christmas. :think:

So with that said- Bah Humbug, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone! We'll soon be celebrating with "family" in the sand.

• Like 1

Understood....My wife got all the inside decorations up, but starting up a new business and just didn't have the time to get all of the outside stuff done. I think I'm gonna be more stressed that I'm not going to get a lot of stuff done on Xmas day. Other than that I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe holidays!

• Like 1

Damn Skippy Know the feeliong no time for Ish. Bah Humbug! :pissed: I went to home depot grabbed a Christmas tree wrapped up and netted looked at it once I put up :clap: . Good thing it was not retarded.

We had an old box of Ornaments in the closet. Everything else is in storage. Tree was bare but there.

The kicker. its 11:00Am Christmas eve and I have not bought a Damn thing. I am kicking everyone out at noon and off I go to drive myself Crazy looking for the Gifts., I see a lot of Gift cards in the near future.

Either way hope next year I have more time but Doubt it. njoy them dunes. Wish I was going. :atv::banghead::monkiedance::blah::blah::blah:

Off at noon, Eat pizza with shop ... 2 Beers to much food and off to do all my shopping.

Now its 4:30 one hour to get ready for Christmas Party on the top floor of the Red Rock !

Get Home, Wrap Presents, Play Santa :northpole: Go to bed late ...get up early ... Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

:xmas_grin: MERRY CHRISTMAS DDR :xmas_grin:

• Like 1

I'm a bit of a bah humbug. I hate being "forced" to buy presents for people they may not really even want.

I tend to buy myself stuff, and blame it on Christmas, which seems to work well for me. I got my new goggles, and +3 Throttle body for the Raptor. I worked till 7:30pm yesterday including putting the TB on the Raptor. I spent most of the day today getting things ready to load up in my Toy Hauler for Vending.

I've never really been big into decorating the house, and the kids seem to screw with stuff in our neighborhood anyway, so that would just piss me off if/when they trashed the decorations.

I got all my Christmas shopping done last night between 7:30p and 9p. Luckily I just have to shop for my wife. :)

Merry Christmas to DDR, and happy new year. See you in the Dunes.

I am of the same ilk this year. For some reason I haven't been in the real spirit of Christmas since the kids got big and then after the grandkids got big and well the joy of them being surprised is now replaced by expectations and that's a whole different feeling. One thing I do enjoy is meeting new people that family invites over cause they have no one in town or as the grand kids bring girlfriends and their parents over. Always something interesting to find out about new people. The food is always great and how can you go wrong with a nice Prime rib dinner and the fixings. Then it's the great rush to go grocery shopping Thursday morning and finish packing for the dunes. So all in all Christmas has lost a lot of it's meaning over the years' but is being replaced in other ways, so I guess it's a "push"

Merry Christmas and a joyous safe New Year!!

Terry

• Like 2

Neither... While my family has been in the house listening to Christmas music, baking cookies, taking pictures of gifts and the tree, preparing the big breakfast and dinner for Christmas...

I have been in the garage underneath the truck, trying to find an oil leak, praying my paddles are gonna make one more trip, building a new light bar, and stressing if my buddy is gonna come through with a car hauler. And where the hell do I find one of those super tow straps (the ones that weave into itself) in 2 days? Ohh yea, Merry Christmas Everyone. @ 3:31 am

Neither... While my family has been in the house listening to Christmas music, baking cookies, taking pictures of gifts and the tree, preparing the big breakfast and dinner for Christmas...

I have been in the garage underneath the truck, trying to find an oil leak, praying my paddles are gonna make one more trip, building a new light bar, and stressing if my buddy is gonna come through with a car hauler. And where the hell do I find one of those super tow straps (the ones that weave into itself) in 2 days? Ohh yea, Merry Christmas Everyone. @ 3:31 am

hahahaa Check with Butch's or NV Offroad Buggy if you are in Vegas. I think ynot has picked them up from one of those guys in the past.

merry Christmas everyone. im new here, I guess Christmas came early for me. hanging out at Dumont over thanksgiving great weather, great new friends what a blast. you see my wife is in a longterm alcoholic rehab have not seen her since 2nd week in November, ouch. wanted to make it out to the dunes next week, but money is kinda tight. so skipping Christmas this year, I still have the little boy spirit, but no fun by yourself. 2014 we will be back, this going to the dunes once a year sucks. but its a long haul from so cal. will be there next thanksgiving, and hopefully more then one time. happy new year everyone

• Like 1