My car is fixed, about to get some serious fab done..

nwtdiesel

As many of you know I broke my car last day of the buggy round up, I got it all fixed and even added gussets to make it stronger. One of my good friends does all my fab and he has a VERY long history in the off road business. I thought I would share some of his work and show you what he does. The first few pics are of my car he fixed up and then ill share some pics of a buggy he is building for a customer. Hope to make it to Dumont Dec 26 or 27th till the 29th! Trying like crazy! If not ill be out the 2nd-5th of Jan.

We removed the side steps, they didn't provide any support and they were just added weight.

Fabwork4_zps8caa8392.jpg

Gussets were added on both sides and inside.

Fabwork3_zpse8c9a42f.jpg

Fabwork_zpsd9ae40ea.jpg

The bar that ripped apart was removed and replaced with chromoly, it also received a chromoly sleeve all the way through the bar to the other side. More gussets and tabs were added to both sides as well. New inner and outer CVs were installed plus new boots.

Fabwork2_zps81db7f4a.jpg

This summer we are going to build new A arms with new spindles. The new set up will give me a wider stance and a couple inches of more travel. Not to mention a hell of a lot stronger!

Fabwork10_zpsce418fc9.jpg

Fabwork12_zpsb4fb3d3c.jpg

We are already planning on cutting the entire back end off my car and building a new back end making it all fit around my new motor and trans set up. Next season i will be running triple by-pass shocks, chromoly tubing, new Arms, new everything. Im excited for the build and for next season. Here are some pics of his work on a buggy he is building right now, some of the best meticulous work I have ever seen. Everything is engineered with a purpose behind it. When we do my build I will do a post about it and share pics and info. Enjoy the pics, every part of this car he built rom scratch and every inch is tig welded..

Fabwork5_zps3c76def3.jpg

Fabwork6_zpsf5f77c7b.jpg

Fabwork7_zps05c1ab3d.jpg

Fabwork11_zps64e16e78.jpg

Fabwork9_zps15c952b2.jpg

Fabwork8_zpsa889860e.jpg

Edited by nwtdiesel

He works for the city (has lots of kids and gets great benefits) so he is just doing side work for now out of his shop at his house. Its a good shop full of awesome goodies to make anything from scratch. If any of you need some fab send me a PM and ill make sure its ok to give his info out. He's located off Pecos and Russell.

Wish knew about him when I was getting fab work on mine. I am not happy with the fab work I had done at scorpion Motorsports and have spent a lot of time and money getting it corrected.