Vegas Employment Help

Mike330R

My wife and I are looking to get out of CA. We are considering many places with one being Vegas.

For my job all I need is an airport but my wife needs decent employment. She has applied at many places and cities and adds in her cover letter that she can be 'there' at a moments notice should they want a face to face interview. Call backs are few and far between. I'd much rather have her a career lined up before we move. Picking a city and moving before she finds one is quite risky!

She applied for a couple Nevada state positions and even took the basic state fiscal exam (in Vegas) and passed.

She is currently in the pharmaceutical industry as a manager/shipping & receiving/logistics/import export compliance/3 PL Management (3rd party logistics management)/supply chain.

She is looking at pretty much any industry that could use her skills.

Any leads or 'ins' would be much appreciated. I can e-mail a resume to anyone that may be able to pass it along to your manager etc etc.

Not looking at just Vegas, but also Reno area, Idaho, and Arizona.

I figure once we move we'd rent a place for a while until we figure out a place we'd like to buy. Current real estate advice is also appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

P.S. She has a southern accent which should help ;) jk!

My wife and I are looking to get out of CA. We are considering many places with one being Vegas.

For my job all I need is an airport but my wife needs decent employment. She has applied at many places and cities and adds in her cover letter that she can be 'there' at a moments notice should they want a face to face interview. Call backs are few and far between. I'd much rather have her a career lined up before we move. Picking a city and moving before she finds one is quite risky!

She applied for a couple Nevada state positions and even took the basic state fiscal exam (in Vegas) and passed.

She is currently in the pharmaceutical industry as a manager/shipping & receiving/logistics/import export compliance/3 PL Management (3rd party logistics management)/supply chain.

She is looking at pretty much any industry that could use her skills.

Any leads or 'ins' would be much appreciated. I can e-mail a resume to anyone that may be able to pass it along to your manager etc etc.

Not looking at just Vegas, but also Reno area, Idaho, and Arizona.

I figure once we move we'd rent a place for a while until we figure out a place we'd like to buy. Current real estate advice is also appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

P.S. She has a southern accent which should help ;) jk!

Few and far between sounds familiar.

The CA market sucks; I can tell you that!

I have been hunting for 3 months now. I do have 2 good leads, but it seems to be all about who you know. I've applied for a lot of state/gov. jobs, but I've been advised that they are only looking for vets right now...politics :dunno:On the applications, they all ask for gender/race which seem to disqualify me :P Some even ask if you are a "diversity" candidate, which in the fine print means gay/lesbian....Guess I'm wrong for that too....Not sure why any of those 4 questions have any business on a preliminary application, but that just opens up a bigger can of worms. It should be best for the job.

Good luck on the search, and congrats on the exodus!

• 4 weeks later...

The 'not online' jobs are the ones I am trying to find for her. She's exhausted every online resource we can find :)

Pretty sure she has registered and filled out what she can on the clark county site. We even drove to vegas for her to take the initial/basic exam in person.

Thanks!

The 'not online' jobs are the ones I am trying to find for her. She's exhausted every online resource we can find :)

Pretty sure she has registered and filled out what she can on the clark county site. We even drove to vegas for her to take the initial/basic exam in person.

Thanks!

I'll look Tuesday night. That's the next time I work. I'll check the county website (only open to employees)

I also have friends with the city of Henderson.

It does help to know someone for gov jobs. I'll see what I can find.

Do you want me to check the airport? Clark County runs that too, but it's a separate website which I have access to since I occasionally help them with projects.

Yes please check them all. Maybe copy/paste a list of the job titles and if anything peeks her interest you can get more info?

We have found 'out siders' can't apply for internally listed positions. Can't hurt to try though if you know of a way.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...