carb issues 1984 70...buy OEM honda or the aftermarket?

goodguys75

I have rebuilt it twice, the factory carb...and still don't run correct....should i get the aftermarket one or spend the money for the original Honda carb.....are the factory carbs a pain in the azz to keep tuned...it just never seems to run right.....any input would be great....kids just want to ride the damn thing...thanks andre

Are you sure you got that pilot jet cleaned out? That orifice is so small you can barely see sunlight through it when it's clear. You have to use a fine strand of wire and poke at it real good. Compressed air, carb spray...none of those work. The factory carbs are just as simple as an aftermarket to tune. Carbs are cheap though if you don't feel like messing with it.

Are you sure you got that pilot jet cleaned out? That orifice is so small you can barely see sunlight through it when it's clear. You have to use a fine strand of wire and poke at it real good. Compressed air, carb spray...none of those work. The factory carbs are just as simple as an aftermarket to tune. Carbs are cheap though if you don't feel like messing with it.

pete I think it was, guess i will take apart again and double check....maybe some crap got into it...I run fuel filter also....are the aftermarket ones any good for the stock 70??? thanks

I'm not really sure was size mm carb a stock 70 would take.

beatrice has the corrrect aftermarket one...just wanted an opinion if it was a good carb....cant be worse than the factory...just have too clean it again.....thanks for the input

I bought and installed 2 of these and they work just like new.. I did pull out the main jet on the old carbs as they were off, but other than that.. GOOD TO GO

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARB-HONDA-ATV-3-Wheeler-ATC70-ATC-70-CARBURETOR-/330659056838?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AHonda%7CModel%3AATC70&vxp=mtr&hash=item4cfcd0ccc6

and for $29.00 it was worth it for me...

only thing is all the choke, fuel shut off etc are on the other side

Edited by White Rhino