service on dodge ram 3500 48re tranny 2006 cummins

goodguys75

want to change the tranny fluid on my truck, but have never been to the dealer to do this...do they have a machine that will extract all the fluid, so then fresh fluid and a new filter can be put in....the other issue is I have a mag hytech pan not the factory and a mopar filter for it already, i would guess that it would not be a problem for them to still do it....anyone have any input on this...thanks Andre...I have always done the service myself, but im only able to get so much of the fluid out....

I would absolutely 100% take it to Underground Diesel. He is a vendor on vendor row, posts here frequently and has a shop near the new Shelby factory at Warm Springs and Las Vegas blvd.

The shop has a very good reputation. Their labor rate is probably about half of what a dealer will charge.

I am in no way affiliated with them.

http://www.undergrounddiesels.com/

Underground Diesel has done work on my F350 fixed a problem that other shops could not find. Fair price and honest. I was told by other shops that my high pressure oil pump needed to be replaced over $2000.00. Underground diesel just replace the IPR less then $300.00

Make sure when the trans is serviced the clutch bands are adjusted. I learned this after doing my own service. It started slipping. If you read the manual it also suggests this on every service. Learned the hard way of taking it all back apart.

• 2 weeks later...