Anyone have info on lifting a 2013 F-250?

Once you change out stock suspension and lift its nice for a while but my tuck has been lifted for about 7 years and when just trying to drink a cup of coffee while driving is impossible with out it getting all over.

Never any issue pulling or durability just loosing the smooth ride got old after the first two years. Keep in mind also 37" tires are $2k every two- three years mileage pending..

Adam I have a F250 with a 6" lift and 35" tires.

Rides like a tank but I've been in trucks same make n model with just a leveling kit and stock size tires and it ride very similar. The big issue is if your going crew cab. The trucks are so long, and the people that build highways are allowed to make sh*tty roads therefor we suffer.

Not yet pete, but there is a 2013 F-250 with 10k off, blue with everything I want but the center console. There is also a 2013 F-350 with everything I want, including the center console, but it's the special white color, 10k off also.

I am more just shopping right now, but trying to get an idea of what it will cost to get me the truck I want.

The F-150 is still doing ok, but a Diesel has always been on my list. The F-150 seems to be losing it's battle with the Toyhauler as I am running around 8500lbs for a fun weekend, and in the 9500 - 10,000lb range for a weekend we are vending.

in 2015 they are changing the 6.7 engine, adding a larger Turbo, fuel pump, and different injectors. didn't see any info on power change, but it sounds good.

I don't really want to run 37s, was thinking 35s which is seems I can do with a leveling kit. I have been searching trucks for a while now and many seem to have 6" lift, and I really like that look. I do want a smooth ride though as this will be my daily driver for a while.

Adam I have a F250 with a 6" lift and 35" tires.

Rides like a tank but I've been in trucks same make n model with just a leveling kit and stock size tires and it ride very similar. The big issue is if your going crew cab. The trucks are so long, and the people that build highways are allowed to make sh*tty roads therefor we suffer.

I am going crew cab for sure, debating on the long bed. I plan to tow a 5th wheel in a few years, so the short bed has clearance issues for the cab, and trailer. I also saw the long bed has a 37 gallon tank and the short may have only a 26. I have a 36 gallon tank in the F-150 and I LOVE it. I would buy the longer bed truck JUST to get the big tank alone. So I have to find out as I seen conflicting information on the tank/bed truck models stuff.

The roads are sh*tty. Team Ford seems to be weird about letting people drive as I have been there twice and it's like they don't think I can afford it or something and try to avoid me driving it. I don't look that young still do I?? Time to try Friendly Ford I guess. I still need to drive one, and I promised my wife I would look at a Dodge before I bought.

I looked all over the place when I bought my truck. St George UT had the best price by far. Also took my trade site unseen. Negotiated the whole deal over the Internet and 2 phone calls.

Btw I pulled a fifth wheel with my short bed I just had a slider hitch if I got into a bind in a campground or what ever.

I have a 2003 f-250 4x4 shout bed 8inch rear 10 inch front pull a 33foot 5th wheel dont skimp on shocks they make all the difference also will never pull a tag along again , by they way its a 7.3 Mike Smith @ Supper Duty shop did the work, great guy,tell him Paul & Justin sent you.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We have been putting on BDS Suspension 4" with FOX shocks and 35's and the trucks ride just like stock if not a little better, the coil springs used are the single most important component for ride quality. If you really want the absolute best ride possible on and off road you could go with Carli 2.5" or 4.5" systems. The newer SuperDutys ride so nice that a quality manufacturer will have premium components to keep that ride.

• Like 1

Adam, before you buy new call me and let me see what the auto group my wife works for can do for you.They have Dodge here in town and Ford and Chevy in AZ. They will work a great deal for you and the truck can be shipped up here or you can go pick it up. Definitely will save you time and money.

Terry

Thanks Terry, I will for sure. I want to look at the Dodge, but not thinking I will get one. pretty much is going to be a Ford. I know the Truck I want, and I am ready to buy yesterday, but it's a ton of money.

Thanks Bigborevegas. I think I just want 35". can't go too tall, want to tow a 5th wheel. thinking 20" at least to keep sidewall thinner. I think the 4" will work, 6" seems too tall and 37" was recommended and just don't want that big. I just want a little more "offroad" look. I'll drive mostly street, tow bumper now with 5th wheel later, in the 12k range at most I think. I won't be doing any offroading other then towing to Dumont, glamis, Coral Pink. I need a place to buy all the parts for sure.

I was looking at a couple trucks and the local dealer was willing to finance in the cost of the lift, this is why I have been asking about it. Plus needed some knowledge of costs before dumping a TON into a new truck.

I would run 35's over 37's. cost a lot less, and less rotating mass = a little better mileage. I have a 2012 cummins, stripped of all the emissions, piped, and custom tuned and its a beast. you seem stuck on Ford so I won't try to sway you away lol. But when you talk lifts, you get what you pay for as far as ride quality goes. Carli, Thuren, Pure performance are 3 companies that make nice progressive rate coils. And shocks, I went Bilstein 5100's. best bang for your buck. Keep in mind you'll most likely need air bags as well depending on how big your new toy hauler is going to be. I had to bag my truck when I lifted it. I tow a 32ft tow behind weekend warrior. If you are even a little mechanically inclined, which i'm guessing you are...you can buy all the parts and lift your own truck in your driveway or your shop and save $. Good look bro.

oh, get some gages and a pyro installed in your exhaust manifold before you start towing real heavy so you can monitor your exhaust gas temps and not melt your head. Newly and Underground Diesel can hook you up.

I figured I would have Newly do any work.

Gauges will be a must. I figure Tuner, intake exhaust is all I want to do.

Installing the lift and air bags shouldn't be an issue for me (us). I'm only towing 8500-9500k now, bumper pull. and I figure I will go to a nice 32' or 34' ish 5th wheel.

I'm not overly stuck on Ford, and I would love the cummins. My wife also loves the dodge, so I do plan on looking at them. I had a dodge before, and it was kind of a piece of crap.