ATV registration.

smokintecate

I purchased an 84 tecate around 2007. I never transfered the title to my name. I can't find the title the previous owner gave me. I have an old registration tag from 2007 for a green sticker. Have any of you ever dealt with a situation like this? Will I be able to go to the DMV and get this registered? I couldn't find any answers on the DMV site and thought some of you may have dealt with this before. Thanks.

Got the title and green sticker. Waited in the first line for a few minutes, explained my situation, got some forms which I filled out then back to the front of that line to the clerk again. They gave me a number, as soon as i sat down it was called!!!!Paid a bit of money title and sticker done. It's never that easy for me.

I did several vehicles this year in Nevada, 2 yamaha raptors, a rhino and my sandrail, it was pretty painless except for the fact that I had to take the toys to the PD (or local OHV dealer) to get the VIN inspections done. If you have a "certificate of origin" of out of state title it is a slam dunk, if you only have a "bill of sale" dated prior to July 1, 2012 then you will need to provide them with a "statement of facts" and have it notarized. If you don't have a BOS, you can still register it in NV but you won't receive a title.

http://nvohv.com/registration/

I bought a LTR couple of weeks ago, I had the vin inspected before purchase and received a BOS (owner lost the title). Took the BOS and The vin inspection form to the DMV and they told me too mail the BOS and the vin form to Carson for the title does this sound correct?

I bought a LTR couple of weeks ago, I had the vin inspected before purchase and received a BOS (owner lost the title). Took the BOS and The vin inspection form to the DMV and they told me too mail the BOS and the vin form to Carson for the title does this sound correct?

In order to apply for a title and Registration on your OHV you will need to send in the following:

With a Cert of Origin:

Certificate of Origin (Original)

VIN Inspection

Application for Registration

$48.25

With a Bill of Sale:

Bill of Sale (original)

Statement of Facts

Vin Inspection

Application for registration

$48.25

With no VIN (Sandrail):

Bill of Sale (original)

Statement of Facts

Vin Assignment (Take to DMV to be completed, the technician will give you the stamped form and 2 rivits, they will assign the VIN there)

Application for registration

$50.25

All of these forms are available on the link that I provided above. After I sent them in, I got the registration sticker in about two weeks and the titles in about 6 weeks.They weren't very picky about the BOS's either, one was hand written on the back of a manila envelope....

• 3 months later...

They won't do just a title will they? I really don't ride here in Nevada and only want the title in my name rather then the one I have signed over to me.

yeah, they will...you dont have to register it. but you still need to complete all other forms, just not the application for registration.

i didn't think they would let you NOT register. Once you ask for a title they will now you own it, and want you to register. I know before you didn't have to get a title but the registration was required.

most other areas, around here, Utah, Cali, Oregon all require OHV Registration anyway, and once it's registered in Nevada you don't need to be registered in the other states. it's more in cali, and they just rob the fund all the time anyway.

I ended up just doing both. I'll keep spending the $30 for the CA out of state also just so I dont have to put that big azz sticker on my ride..lol. NV needs to get on the ball and do this in office. I don't like the idea of sending this out in the mail..not to mention I'm still thouroughly confused and would rather wait two hours in line and make sure I have it right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

i didn't think they would let you NOT register. Once you ask for a title they will now you own it, and want you to register. I know before you didn't have to get a title but the registration was required.

most other areas, around here, Utah, Cali, Oregon all require OHV Registration anyway, and once it's registered in Nevada you don't need to be registered in the other states. it's more in cali, and they just rob the fund all the time anyway.

Just an FYI, last year I bought a Raptor 700 with a bill of sale just to flip it and they had no problem giving me a title without registering it.

Just an FYI, last year I bought a Raptor 700 with a bill of sale just to flip it and they had no problem giving me a title without registering it.

Good to know... that's totally not what they say, but can't be surprised about the government not knowing WTF is going on... lol