Welcome to DDR!

We are your Dumont Dunes community & information source!

New here? Join the community! (You must sign in to post.)

Returning users: Sign In with your display name or email address.

Troubles signing in? Please contact us. Forgot your password? Reset it here.

Sign In

Sign in to follow this  
chris&hol

Recovery strap

So last weekend the wife and i went on a dusk ride from camp to north pole. We arrived there shut off buggy and let our daughter out to play a little, got back in car went to fire up and nothing, dead battery. By some miracle there was a group of buggies there also and thankfully offered to pull start me.

Anyhow my interest is in the recovery strap he had , it was one you loop around chassis and keep braiding it back through it self 5-6 times. Kind of chineese finger trap design. Id never seen it and id like to hunt one down, but cant find them. Ive searched recovery strap, tow line, no luck. It was really nimble with no hardware to scratch your car.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated. Also if the guy who helped me reads this, again thank you, you saved me from walking all the way back to camp by vendors and leaving my wife and daughter with the car in the dark and wind!!

Best damn strap on the market.

I heard they (Beard/ Redart) were bought out. They're called Speed Straps now.

They have 1" and 2". 1" is plenty for buggies, but for trucks and mohos, get a 2".

http://www.racereadyproducts.com/tie-downs--tow-straps/speed-strap/

http://www.kartek.com/Product/1229/2-Woven-Recovery-Strap.aspx

Here's the 2" strap in action. This video of me pulling out my buddy 9digit shows how much you can stretch these things. They work awesome.

On a side note, I have dozens of used 20 and 30' straps. next roundup if anyone wants one let me know. They are not NEARLY as compact as the above mentioned but they will pull a DP and stacker out no problem :beerpint:

yeap what they said Super Strap, and you are very welcome!! That would have been a LONG WALK!!! Glad we were there. Sun was going down too :) lol

Cheers :beercheers:

On a side note, I have dozens of used 20 and 30' straps. next roundup if anyone wants one let me know. They are not NEARLY as compact as the above mentioned but they will pull a DP and stacker out no problem :beerpint:

I have one of these rigging straps as well......they work awesome

Hey Raspadoo I'd like one of those straps next time I see ya

Thanks!!

Of course Brutha, always have a few in the trailer :beerpint:

I'd like one as well.

Same strap I used to pull the buggy off comp sat night. If anyone saw I had to "jerk" it out pretty hard as it was just an anchor with 2 of the 4 wheels missing.