Dumont Road used by Runners

So after my bike blew up Saturday morning I loaded up and left about 10am.

On my way out of the dunes, the people running and the putting on the run were all over the place for the last 1/4 - 1/2 mile of the road. they were parked on both sides, turning around in the middle of the road and walking down the middle of the road. After rebuilding my bike and it lasting all of 5 minutes this was something that I really wasn't happy about. I told 2 of the people putting on the event that there was NO PARKING on Dumont Road. They just said it's ok as long as they don't block, so I stated again, all the signs posted NO PARKING.

I have no idea why they have the need to use Dumont Road for this, and while the road wasn't blocked, it was pretty tight with just my truck and smaller trailer. With the people walking all over, the road was basically blocked. With people turning around in the road, many will leave ruts in the road that won't get fixed till who knows when Since BLM won't and doesn't maintain the road properly as it is. This group should have been charged for the road to be re-graded if they weren't. Our fees pay to maintain this road, and it's poorly maintained in general already.

my drive back was only wasn't impeded much by the runners as I guess I left early enough.

Rant over...

They were way overboard in blocking the road and doing as they please for my taste. There is tons of area at the little dunes, they should have just used it and not interfered with Dumont Road Traffic.

I was going to get a photo, but didn't think of it till I was about half way into the mess.

This run is an international event, It is possible that a lot of these people we not informed about where that road goes to and they need to keep it open and accessible at all times. I bet it was frustrating since you had bike troubles but try to keep in mind these are LEO people and running a race and they were focused on the race more than parking/staging a vehicle. I am on both sides here as I too am LEO but I can respect your frustration with the road being blocked.

At least it only happens one day a year. Next year it might be me blocking your road as I plan on being in it...lol

• Like 1

Geesh people, it's only one day....relax!

Why do you say that? I don't see anyone getting worked up. Adam is just venting a little because of some inconsiderate people. Nobody else is posting much on here lately. Rant away! :laughing:

Wanna start a better topic about something else, Pat? :beercheers: What should we talk about? :watching:

• Like 1

I didnt have any issues at the entrance but you should of seen the all the shitbirds at 160 and Tecopa Rd coming home Saturday night. I could barely squeeze through with the trailer. Probaly 20 deep each side of the road most sticking out in the road. It was a pain in the a$$..but its just once a year and they (the runners) looked like they were in more pain then me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Why do you say that? I don't see anyone getting worked up. Adam is just venting a little because of some inconsiderate people. Nobody else is posting much on here lately. Rant away! :laughing:

Wanna start a better topic about something else, Pat? :beercheers: What should we talk about? :watching:

Girls, Pizza, Summer in Idaho, Retirement....You name it and I have an opinion. LMAO

Just tried Bourbon and Ginger Ale, not bad!

Oh one more thing. If BLM would get a qualified grader operator the road would be 5-10 feet wider! :-)

Edited by sandawg
  • Like 1

I do want the train horns. mike asked me why, and I said to make me feel better :)

it may only be one day a year, but that still doesn't mean they get to take the whole area over. I paid my fee along with many others to use Dumont, and that includes Dumont Rd.

It's not really a matter of who they are, or what their purpose is, it's a matter of respect the area and the people that use it, and pay yearly to use it.

Not to mention I'm not a fan of any of these run events anyway, for many reasons.

To each their own. I think it is a good thing. I see the guys training for this event and they were pumped to run it. They came in 5th for the men's division and 8th for the ladies. Their hard work paid off big time. So one day and some time of inconvenience is allowable in my book. Sure there can be some better info put out as far as how to park and respect others as they try to enjoy the same area.

I am sure there are things here that others like and people here could care less about. That argument can do on for pages and pages. Bottom line is the event is planned out long in advance and in going to Dumont that weekend you took the chance of such an inconvenience.

• Like 4