Loss of a fellow Duner - Don Stiles

radgsxr

For those that might have known Don Stiles "crazy old man on a Can-Am Renegade" who was an avid Dumont rider and spent most of his winters at Dumont, he passed away yesterday from complications following injuries he sustained while riding at Sand Mountain, NV this past weekend. A memorial service will be held in a couple weeks (date/time TBD). For those that knew him and want to attend the services or just pass along any memories, photos, etc you may have of Don, please contact me at: radgsxr@gmail.com. Thank you.

post-8927-0-84855500-1399405440_thumb.jp

post-8927-0-26448800-1399405442_thumb.jp

post-8927-0-26386800-1399405499_thumb.jp

So sorry to hear. He actually went on a ride with the old Host Don and I one day several years ago. That old codger could ride and loved the sand. He was a true example for those of us that are older that it can and should still be done. He will be missed by many! RIP Don.

Pulled up to the Renegade one day on my DS to talk to the rider about the weight of that thing. The DS is known to be heavy but that Rene looked the part. When he removed his helmet I was very surprised at his age as I had been watching him sling that thing around like a youngster on a Raptor. I was impressed to say the least and hope to someday still enjoy some hardcore recreation at his age.

I didn't know him per se, but did speak to him in detail about Bombardier/CanAm. He was a pleasant fellow.

RIP fellow duner. You will be missed.

• Like 1

so sad to hear of anyone that passes at the dunes but it's probably fine by him that he passed doing something he loved to do, best wishes to his family. I hope I'm still riding at his age....and not just some rzr.

Don was the MAN !!!! We used to always stop and talk about his ride, motor home, military days, etc..We caught him on our trips to Dumont and always saw him at Sand mountain when the weather started to get warm down south. So sad to loose him but he always said he would ride till the end, one way or another. You will be missed

:usa:

The service for Don will be Monday 19 May @ 1100 at:

Walton Funeral Home

875 W 2nd street

Reno, NV

The family has asked that no one bring flowers. Don had a charity he would donations to go to instead.