Memorial ideas for sanddunesaddict at Dumont

dunefreak

I was thinking that we need to do a group trip for Bert once next season begins. I think it would cool to get something nice made up and put it up on the memorial hill. In addition, we could do a memorial ride as well. I think Ashley was talking about going out for Halloween because that was the kids favorite weekend. We'll figure that part out later, but in the meantime does anyone know who could make up something nice for Bert that we could put out at Dumont on the memorial hill?

I just read the news on DDR a couple days ago, I can't think of any words that could add to the description of what a good guy Bert was that haven't already been said by everyone already, but I have a few pics from the 1st Regatta I want to share. I asked my friend Wade (Pete knows who he is) if he saw what happened on DDR and he had but didn't realize who it was till I told him about Bert pulling so many out with the Samurai then it hit him, his 1st trip out with his bad a$$ LT car he got stuck and BAM, there was Bert to pull him out. Funny, Berts hat in these pics say "AM~PM TOWING & RECOVERY". From now on when I see someone stuck, needing help or not, my reaction will always be the new international, driver needs assistance distress call ..... "BERT" pronounced "BERRRRRT!" Lee

Bert's classroom, on recess I think

post-1632-0-98559900-1403190158_thumb.jp

post-1632-0-85553200-1403190228_thumb.jp

post-1632-0-27087100-1403190245_thumb.jp

post-1632-0-23292600-1403190263_thumb.jp

Bert showing the big man crew how it's done

post-1632-0-60116500-1403190202_thumb.jp

post-1632-0-21213800-1403190213_thumb.jp

post-1632-0-91876800-1403190186_thumb.jp

These are the same pic but the 2nd one (last) will open up large to see who's there

post-1632-0-39834100-1403191703_thumb.jp

post-1632-0-30237700-1403191686_thumb.jp

I am thinking something metal.

I once thought it might be cool to have the B. COE things to know about the dunes, maybe on DDR. The basic things that people should know when the go out to the dunes for the first time. Since Bert taught so many people, and it's B. COE, kinda like "be Cool"

Don't know, maybe it's stupid, but i'm tryin' here... lol The random things that pop into mind you know.

What ever it is I believe is should be constructed of the most bulletproof not breakable, non destructible material known to man, because that how Bert was,(if you could break it he would not want it). It should also be Bert sized. Everything in Bert's life was big and oversized.

What ever it is I believe is should be constructed of the most bulletproof not breakable, non destructible material known to man, because that how Bert was,(if you could break it he would not want it). It should also be Bert sized. Everything in Bert's life was big and oversized.

AGREED :clap:

Pete, I had been thinking the same thing. I think we know someone in Ca. who has and does CNC work? Maybe a plaque and then get battery hammered drills and put it on the memorial(cross Mt. ) using anchors and then round off the bolts so it can never be taken out. Your thoughts?

• Like 1

Those last 2 pictures are awesome with his face looming above everybody. What a great PHOTO!! Watching over everyone and next to the flag !!

Someone needs to steal it and put it on his memorial page

Edited by ~JILL~