Sunday Aug 24th early morning run

dunefreak

Here ya go Chad. This is for our trans/engine set up with engine in rear and trans in front. Mendeola E box or 2D, I'm not sure about any other type of Mendeola as I only been researching these two models.

The Allen plug in picture 3 almost directly below the "M" in the word Mendeola would be where you pull fluid from. The Allen plug in picture 4 or closest to the shift linkage/nose cone is where you would feed the fluid into. The big 1 1/8" bolt in picture 1 is the fill plug. On the bottom of the trans is a 17mm Allen drain plug (no picture) the bolt with the set nut in picture 2 is for the ring gear so don't mess with it. Hope this helps.

Don't know why but pictures rotated when uploading from my phone and won't upload in order. When I install my set up I'll do a write up and post better pics and do it from a desk top.

post-8598-0-04557600-1410073513_thumb.jp

post-8598-0-61774700-1410073551_thumb.jp

post-8598-0-27746100-1410073597_thumb.jp

post-8598-0-75266500-1410073641_thumb.jp

Edited by nwtdiesel

Here is the link to the pump several guys are running. Much cheaper then some of the $500 pumps out there. All you do is mount the pump by the trans and run a line from the rear trans port into the pump then run the line from the pump to the front of the trans by the nose cone. Run 12v power to it and a switch. When your climbing a hill or going to wheelie just switch it on.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=280782665954

It's a good idea to run a filter before the pump. There can be some little metal bits floating around in the oil that can tear up your nice new pump. We have a nice serviceable billet in line-filter with stainless element for $100, it will last the lifetime of the car.

http://www.weddleindustries.com/products/new-products/new-billet-inline-oil-filter-long-life-strainer

We have pumps too, Diaphragm (econo) pump is $220, gear pump is $400 (Much better for 140 weight oils)

http://www.weddleindustries.com/products/new-products/new-electric-oil-pumps

And This is probably the easiest, cheapest way to upgrade and extend the life of any 2D or E-box.

Sean, thanks for the info. I have an S4 in my car . Is the plumbing the same?

On the newer main cases (diff housing), the fittings will be similar to what Newly posted. The intermediate housings will have 2 fitting at the top of the case. But not all of the S4 cases had the fittings drilled in production, so you will just have to check and see what you have.