RZR Drivers Read and Heed

flavtfan

Apparently people have not read about the number of fires caused by people putting gas tanks in the back of their RZR's. All it takes is a drop of gas to spill out on to a hot exhaust/motor/belt etc and it will go up in flames fast! Most burn to the ground even with the attempt to put the fire out. Just too much plastic to burn. There were a few RZR's that caught on fire in glamis last year and there have been 2 at St Anthony so far this year. One happening this weekend from a couple that borrowed their friends XP to go out and have fun in the dunes....that couple made it out, the previous rzr that caught on fire didn't have as much luck and he is still in the hospital. Please it is NOT WORTH IT to have to carry extra gas, if you need extra don't go out so far. Please spread the word to your friends and have them spread the word to their friends.

Edited by flavtfan

Well......it happened again! One of my campers put a s pare gas tank in the back of his(borrowed) 2015 RZR, He tied it down and thought it was secure. Long story shortened, can leaks, fire started and luckily no injuries this time. A you saw one of my regular campers wasn't so lucky. He is the burn unit in Salt Lake with 40% of his body having 2nd and 3rd degree burns. Major damage to his face.

I have already ordered my Rotopak 2 gal container with solid mount. Just waiting for it to get here.

If your too dumb to listen, then wear a fire suit and have a fire extinguisher system installed. You might make it though a fire that starts so fast it's very difficult to get out of the car in time!

Burnt to the ground

I didn't see the other post about this....How did you find out so fast? flavtfan

Edited by sandawg

yup...good designed full tanks should be what people use if they need them....I was at choke cherry and saw a rzr with FIVE gas cans....normal ones at that right after that 1 rzr caught fire. his friend had 2 of them in the back of his. We mentioned something to them and they tightened the caps and all down but still.....I wouldn't want a gas can back there unless it was designed for that.

• 2 months later...