Fatal accident early Sunday, 10/5/14

dunefreak

Just heard from Kayla (Girl with Horns) that a friend of hers lost his life in a fatal quad accident out at Dumont today. Does anyone know what happened? Dude was way too young to die. So sad. Thoughts and prayers for his friends and family. Stay safe, duners.

I thought I heard a helicopter in the wee morning hours, I was hoping I was wrong or one just flew over the area, but it woke me up, got up didn't see anything..

Didn't hear anything today.

Very sad :( Thoughts go out to family and friends.

Just got word that it was a rzr accident. He had been to Dumont before, but this was his first time out with his rzr. He rolled and was ejected. CPR was performed until flight for life arrived. Not sure how accurate the info is, but this is what a friend of his sent us.

• Like 1

His name was Justin Walker of the Las Vegas area and I talked to a family friend of his and this is the info-

It was at night he hit a witches eye. They are unsure if the head trauma or neck injury causing death. He was in back of ride and was following others did not see witches eye.

Time of death is not known yet.. From what his dad said they found him at the motor homes and he saw justin laying on the table at the station in dumont do I don't think they flight for life him out. His dad said he was gone right away

Just heard from Kayla (Girl with Horns) that a friend of hers lost his life in a fatal quad accident out at Dumont today. Does anyone know what happened? Dude was way too young to die. So sad. Thoughts and prayers for his friends and family. Stay safe, duners.

I didn't know he had a RZR. I was just filled in on the same info as BAKER-BAKER-19. Very very sad, he was a great kid. Everyone be safe and please wear your safety gear.

Just got word that it was a rzr accident. He had been to Dumont before, but this was his first time out with his rzr. He rolled and was ejected. CPR was performed until flight for life arrived. Not sure how accurate the info is, but this is what a friend of his sent us.

Get your facts straight before putting rumors on the Internet. It wasn't his first time out in his rzr. He wasn't ejected and we didn't hit a witches eye. Flight for life came, landed, and left. Didn't even look for us. The first 911 call was at 12:53 and CPR was perform untill emergency personnel arrived around 3.

Get your facts straight before putting rumors on the Internet. It wasn't his first time out in his rzr. He wasn't ejected and we didn't hit a witches eye. Flight for life came, landed, and left. Didn't even look for us. The first 911 call was at 12:53 and CPR was perform untill emergency personnel arrived around 3.

WOW no need for that, Pete clearly stated that was info given to him and not sure how accurate it was.

This is very sad to see someone so young have this happen to them, feel very sorry for his family.

Edited by mineurbiz
  • Like 4

Sorry for your loss, I couldn't imagine…. As was stated original poster was not sure of accuracy of information. Prayers for all involved / effected by the accident..

• Like 1

Petes a good guy and didn't mean any harm.

Sorry for your loss. Very sad. I was out there Sat and Sunday and did not hear the chopper or see anything going on.

• Like 1

I just don't appriecate people put words on the Internet when they don't have accurate information. Very disrespectful to justin. I was the passenger in the rzr so I know what is bs.

What happened? Tell us the true story please.

I just don't appriecate people put words on the Internet when they don't have accurate information. Very disrespectful to justin. I was the passenger in the rzr so I know what is bs.

Sorry to hear that, I am sure this is all very hard on you! Keep in mind though Pete is just trying to get the information out there and by no means was trying to be disrespectful, he is a very compassionate guy!

• Like 1

Wow really? I even offered my condolences to the friends and family of Justin in my first post about the accident. Maybe you missed that as well as the part where I posted "Not sure how accurate the info is, but this is what a friend of his sent us." I was just relaying information that was given to me by a friend of his. I can't see how you would think how I meant any form of disrespect. Glad you are ok and I am very sorry for your friend.

• Like 4

We will probably never know the real story, but that is okay. People just want to offer their condolences.

The passenger should know exactly what happened that caused his friend to pass. Put it out there so nobody makes the mistake of accidently saying the wrong thing and everyone will know what really happened. That's what I would do.

Edited by nwtdiesel
  • Like 2

Here's the thing, It's completely understandable for you to be upset, I'm sure that was a very traumatic accident and I'm very sorry for your loss. But, what gets posted online about the accident should be the last thing for you to get pissed off about. You clearly don't know Pete (Dunefreak), he would never start or try to spread rumors, especially about the death of anyone. So don't get your panties all in a bunch because of some mis-information.

What you can do instead of bitching and complaining, is set the record straight, or at least just say: "I was there, that's not what happened.", and leave it at that.

I do have a serious question, and I do not mean for this question to be controversial or disrespectful in any way, and do not feel inclined to answer, but I ask:

If this was in a SxS, were helmet's being worn?

• Like 7

The passenger should know exactly what happened that caused his friend to pass. Put it out there so nobody makes the mistake of accidently saying the wrong thing and everyone will know what really happened. That's what I would do.

and to add, let us all know what happened maybe not in detail but issues that came up that possibly can be avoided so that word can get around to help prevent incidents like the one that happened....educate us. losing a friend is hard, I've lost a few myself....but I've put it out there things that happened that could be avoided to help prevent repeat occurrences. no one in this thread came on here and wanted to put out bad information, they were only putting out what was said. every incident that has happened out at Dumont that involved a death has been posted in here to help educate others, the stories are not put on here with any intent other than to help.

Edited by flavtfan
  • Like 6

Lay off guys. Jmock60 just watched his friend die in front of him just over 48 hours ago. I'm sure you would be upset about any misinformation if you were in his shoes. Maybe a little understanding instead of getting defensive. I'm sure he will post what happened when he is ready.

• Like 1