large flat screen mounting?

dunefreak

Has anyone mounted a large flatscreen in their toyhauler? I have a 42" I was thinking of using in my trailer but it seems a bit too heavy to mount on the wall. I was thinking of getting a tripod TV stand and setting it up wherever. That way I could also use it outside when we watch supercross or UFC. Any other ideas or has anyone mounted one in their hauler?

I've thought of doing the same.

I think I've seen someone install the mount on the ramp and just take the tv off and place on a bed during transport or loading/unloading. Don't know if there's enough room with most drop down beds though

I mounted a 32" LED in my hauler. I remove it when driving and it's no real issue when parked.

the stud is just wood in there, and this TV is only a few pounds. I was considering using lag bolts and going all the way through the trailer but it wasn't needed for me. Mike has a HEAVY flat screen mounted to his wall and it's been fine for years. Also removed while driving.

The most solid place I could find was one of the cupboard doors towards the rear by the double queens. I just screwed the mount to the door with some 2x4 pieces of plywood behind the cupboard door to add more strength. We can still use the cupboard if needed. I just hang the TV on the mount that's screwed to the cupboard door while camping then pull the TV down while traveling or while in storage. Mines a 40" I believe. Ill post pics tomorrow.

My cabinet doors come loose and fall off on their own. No way I'm bolting a big a$$ TV to it to help it out. LOL Looks like it works for your setup though. That TV looks pretty light, This 42" I have is pretty heavy.

From a guy who mounts 100's of TVs a year. If I were to wall mount one I'd use a back plate. They sell them to mount on 12, and 16" stud centers. I usually try to hit Al least 2 vertical studs and use a snap toggle with ones I can't hit.

A good reference for mounts is www.mounts.com.

I can selling those at my cost for anyone interested.

I wouldn't use a Home Depot or lowes mount. Or even the the ones they sell at bestbuy. At least imho

I think you can find a mount that actually mounts to the ceiling (metal studs there) and it becomes a pull down/fold up with a support strap on it for safety.

I used to have one of those and mounted it to underneath my cupboards. I say "used to" because the f'ers that broke into my hauler removed it....with tools...so nice of them. With that being said, I really liked it, but with the size of tv, it wouldn't swing up all the way. I was thinking of putting a new one attached to my upper bunk in the rear and just run the cords when in use.

If my kids tried to hang off our TV ill beat there a$$ and they know it. There is no room on my walls for a mount. The cupboard door was pretty much the only option unless I wanted to remove cabinets. Rite or wrong in your eyes its simple and works awesome.

Edited by nwtdiesel

It's a TV not rocket science. Hang the sh*t and be done. No matter how you mount it your going to want to pull it down while driving.

Asswipe! lol I know that. I was asking how people with LARGE TV's hung theirs up. Your isn't large. I know how to hang a TV, but when it comes to heavier and larger TVs and toyhaulers, it requires a little more engineering. I'm probably still going to pick up a tripod stand. That way I can use it inside or out.

• Like 2

...... Your isn't large......

Now that's funny!

In our WW, I removed the tiny carousel and placed a backer on the wall this allowed a dual axis mount to be mounted while spreading the weight over 3 studs.

I'll post up some pictures in a day or so

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I mounted my 36/40ish size tv to the shelf that came with the TH where the old school big a$$ tv used to sit. I put the mount horizontal to the shelf and it folds down flat for the ride, then I just tilt it back up to watch tv.

also, I have no idea why my post is underlined :crackhead:

Edited by dune_rat

• 5 weeks later...

Looks good, Craig. I might just have to go that route. Those new Vizios are great TVs and are super thin/ lightweight. I wish this extra TV I have weighed only 15 lbs. It's a bit heavier than that. Might just have to hang it in the garage instead. Thanks for the pics.