Cali non-resident passes are defective

dune_rat

post-1333-0-23395500-1414702972_thumb.jp

I bought a California Non-resident pass yesterday and when I rubbed my fingers across it to flatten it out the ink came off with it. So don't rub or wash them too hard or you may end up with a sticker that just says 2015 in the middle. I took it back and got another one but it is doing the same thing. Maybe laminating them would help.

Edited by dune_rat

If you are registered in your home state, you do not need a non-res CA sticker.

This is straight from the BLM wesbite:

If you are not a resident of California and your OHV is not registered in your home state, you are required to have a California "Nonresident" OHV permit to legally operate your vehicle.

So if you are registered in NV, it is honored in CA just like NV registration on your car is acceptable on CA highways.

If you are registered in your home state, you do not need a non-res CA sticker.

This is straight from the BLM wesbite:

So if you are registered in NV, it is honored in CA just like NV registration on your car is acceptable on CA highways.

Good to know

• 2 weeks later...

not only are the passes defective, so is the service at the ohv office. I can't get anyone to answer the phones there, no matter what day I call or what time of day I call. They took a month to cash our check after we sent it in for stickers sold and then STILL haven't processed our paperwork so we can sell the 2015 stickers! Needless to say, Doghouse can't sell anything but a 2014 sticker because that's all we have.