Halloween 2014 pics and weekend reports

dunefreak

Dumont from high above!

Be sure to watch in 1080P HD!

Can you find your camp?

That was awesome. Thanks for posting it up! I think the turnout was pretty good. Alot of people are saying it looked empty. Of course it was compared to 2008, but it seems it was more people this year than the last few Halloweens.

That was awesome. Thanks for posting it up! I think the turnout was pretty good. Alot of people are saying it looked empty. Of course it was compared to 2008, but it seems it was more people this year than the last few Halloweens.

This video was taken late Sunday, maybe around 11am. A lot of people had already left. We camped along the cliffs and there was a steady stream out early Sunday.

We had a great weekend. Missed south pole meet up as I lost a cv and had to be towed back to camp. Was down for a couple hours then right back at it. Monday morning run was Awsome smooth as butter, great way to end the weekend.

Our trip was busy... busy.. busy!! But in our world that is a GREAT thing!

The wind on Saturday was just a little dune grooming... I blame @@fastony :laughing: but on the other hand I thank fastony, because we ran out of goggles :clap:

We went out early and got in a couple of rides Weds and Thursday before we got all set up!

We were very thankful for Beefy Boys because at the end of the long days, trying to cook dinner was near impossible!

All the trick or treaters were super cute! We ended up handing out some candy on both nights.

We went to go camp hopping and visiting on Friday night, stopped at one camp, then headed out to comp for about 20 mins and we were just too exhausted to make anymore stops, after a full day of a steady stream of people coming through. We have kind of come to the conclusion that after working all day, we may just need to stay at our camp and have peeps come visit us :whistle:

Saturday night we had planned to go visiting the camps we missed on Friday, but a mad search for truck keys kept us in camp. We found them in the strangest of places and in the strangest of ways.... thankfully :beercheers:

We did get a small campfire and visitor's on Thursday night :)

And as soon as I figure out how to get photo's uploaded to my new to me Mac laptop I will get the few pics I took up here to share :banghead::banghead::censored::banghead:

• Like 1

Felt a little empty for Halloween but maybe cause I'm remembering when it was crazy. Comp hill was even empty on sat night. We had a great time as always though .

Empty? Looks like it was pretty decent. Then again the difference of going over there at 9PM and 10PM could be huge. Sometimes it clears out really fast at a certain hour.

post-3-0-89215300-1415154253_thumb.jpg

DJI F450 - Yes!

Was only able to fly the really big hex (custom 650) once - just too windy to lose the big $$.

Joe

Could you post more about your setup. Ive been starting to get more info about the hex types controllers and if your flying by glass or just fixed sight. Your clip was great and you seem to be really steady. Also I know lenses play tricks with gauging altitude how high were you on average and what is your ave flight time.

Thx

SP2

Mike

Are people really super offended by the swastika flag? it was almost certainly just a Halloween decoration and not even a real swastika. It is backward. At worst, it was in slightly questionable taste, but no more so than people dressing in haz-mat suits poking fun at the recent Ebola scare. Ebola has killed nearly 5,000 people in the past few months.

It seems to me that some people are looking for things to act offended by. I see nothing wrong with a Nazi costume on Halloween. The whole point of Halloween is to be scary, right?

Maybe we could lighten up a little?

Joe Could you post more about your setup. Ive been starting to get more info about the hex types controllers and if your flying by glass or just fixed sight. Your clip was great and you seem to be really steady. Also I know lenses play tricks with gauging altitude how high were you on average and what is your ave flight time. Thx SP2 Mike

PM me with an email address and I'll send you something outside the forum thread with links, etc. of what I'm using.

• Like 1

Great pics!! That's our crew with the Halloween decorations and new paddles.

Thank you for the compliment!

Thank you guys for coming by!! I have a whole series of the rzr getting it's new shoes on our GTP Off Road Facebook. I let the owner know I would have before and after photos for her up on the site, I just forgot to get her name. If you could let her know that would be great! You guys had such great Halloween decorations!

Here is a link for our GTP Off Road Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTP-Off-Road/290388277739214

Edited by sand chick