Extreme axles?

Just Mike

The car I just got has extreme axles. I am getting a crazy vibration when I step on on the gas. It feels the car car is going to shake apart. I am just wondering if these axles wor cause this? I have always ran cv joints in my other cars

I owned a car with them and a friend has had them in an extreme platinum for 7 years or so with no issues except shearing the sacrificial bolts a few times. Hows the angle on them? if the cars geometry left too much angle for cv's they may have tired these but angle may be too much for them as well. Also keep them greased and sliding freely, another company tried to make these (high angle drivelines) and took out a lot of trailing arms / transmission cases. Personally, I would check angles and switch back to cv's axles.

put it on jacks and get the drive train turning, see if you can isolate. any play anywhere (bearings etc) when on jacks? looks like the angle sweeping back may be pretty severe in the pics but hard to tell. What kind of chassis is that? Quicksand?

Edited by raspadoo

I will get it on jack stands tomorrow. It is a 2006 Ricochet. I put it up in the air at dumont and could not find anything. I have looked at all the obvious stuff. These axles are the only thing I have no experience with. That why i suspected them.

I am going to give them a call tomorrow. I know about all the problems with them as far as breaking trialing arm tabs. I had a friend years ago who destroyed his whole rear section of has chassis because he was running these. It was a big car with good power though.