anyone done WW Wall sagging fix?

Adam @ GTP Off Road

Well, i'm pretty sure that my new to me WW has some sagging walls. I didn't see it when I bought it but after the Thanksgiving trip it seem to have shown it's ugly face. I am noticing it on the "driver's" side wall. There is a buckled panel in the closet at the front of the trailer and there is a bow just over the wheel well.

I am going to try the "bounce" test tomorrow I hope.

I got a good deal on this trailer, so i'm not really offended by having to do this. I'd just like to see if I can fix it up here without having to take it to the So cal Doctor place.

I need to try and jack the trailer at the ends and see if the wall moves back at all or not. None of the cabinets inside look bad, just the panel in the closet is bowed. I need to look closely at the wheel wells.

I'd like to plan on keeping this trailer and the rough roads and off road trips aren't going to get any better so neither will the trailer unless I fix it.

@@SAND~~SNAKE, you calling me a Jack Wagon?

Jim Goodwin sounds like the guy that everyone on Glamis was talking about at RV Doctor.

I will ask Johnny walker and see what they can do.

I have done some research and I understand the fix pretty well. Generally it's use the landing gear at the front, and jack stands at the back to flex the trailer back. The axles act as weight in the middle to "pull" the center down. Nobody really seemed to have luck with actually "jacking" the walls up.

I will talk to the others and also going to talk to Dale @ H-Town he has fixed a few trailers. Nothing on the interior is bad, other then the wheel well so there isn't any cosmetic fixing that is needed. It's just a matter of supporting the walls.

I did the "bounce" test myself today and O-Yeah. you can see the walls and wheel well moving for sure.

Edited by Adam @ GTP Off Road

Just checking Jim.

I talked to Warrior lifestyle and Jim Goodwin, who has left SoCal RV Doctor and has started his own company, Jim Goodwin RV. Jim has kept all of the templates and jigs for the fixes. Warrior lifestyles didn't seem to give off the same feeling I got from Jim and he has a great reputation.

I am thinking of just taking the Trailer to Jim after the Buggy Round up if I can drop it off on Sunday. I will just have to put the Raptor in the bed of the truck and take the clothes and food out, no big deal really. The cost isn't cheap, but I feel they will fix it right and it needs it. I plan on keeping this trailer for a while so i'm ok with making the investment to have a strong trailer.

I am supposed to talk to johnny Walkers on Monday also so I will see what they have to say. I just don't think they have done as many of the trailers and might not fix all the little stuff inside and fix it up the same way. I will give them a shot though.

@Minurbiz, when is your buddies trailer going in for the fix?

Mine is worse then I thought the more I look at it and I just want to get it done so I don't have to worry about it.

My wife is still happy with this trailer and the condition of the rest of the trailer is good. Once this is fixed it will be solid very nice trailer. I already installed 300watt solar on it and hope to install the basic inverter this week before the buddy Round-up.

post-8769-0-71969900-1418007836_thumb.jpI know a guy adam, not to worry you but there could be stuff underneath that needs to be inspected also. this guy is a genius, not cheap but who is. his shop is located in canyon country, ca. let me know

Jim Goodwin is 3k to make their fix, Warrior lifestyles was 3100 and a maybe umm....

I feel confident in Jim, but still going to try Johnny walker and see what they say tomorrow.

@@nas6car, If you want to shoot me some info i'll check it out. This is getting done, sooner rather then later.

State Farm say no on the insurance. It's a manufacturer defect and not something that is covered by my policy. Maybe others would be different.

Hmmm I would call again and talk to someone different and see what they say.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the trailer back today from Jim Goodwin RV. 4 hours down, 4 hours back. Traffic wasn't too bad overall. just some idiots at the top of Baker hill going 60mph and brake checking for no reason.

Jim did a nice clean install and fixed a few other things at no extra charge. Overall I am very satisfied with the work that was done. Now it's ready for Coral pink, and a new RZR.

• Like 1

Supper easy did mine myself in one day,

went to Harbor freight and purchased about 3 bottle jacks 20 tons and had Vegas water jet cut out gusset, wen about 3 inches below the frame on the gussets to add more support, also added cross bars out of steel,

just jacked up the side and welded in the gussets,

run a 4000lb prerunner no issues,

I installed a Xantrex 3012 Pure sine inverter and added a Autoswitch for shore/ generator power. I got a good deal on an inverter. Install wasn't too bad, takes longer with just one person running the wires. I knew how to route wires already though from installing the Solar panels.

Good project, I was going to go this route but decided not to on my current TH, going to wait until I get one i'll have for a very long time.

Did you wire your inverter so it powers all your outlets with gen off? Or do you have to plug lets say your TV for example, into your inverter if you want to watch it with no gen?

I ran the inverter into the RV panel. It will run the entire RV. I just switch the Fridge to Gas, and won't turn the A/C on with just the inverter to power it. Otherwise it will run anything in there safely and with plenty of power. I'm waiting on the 4/0 wire to finish the 12v wiring. It's got dual 2 gauge now so I just have to be careful what I turn on. The runs are very short though to.

I just need to get a better solar controller, then i'll be done, once I decide which one and which monitor. I should be all set with this trailer for a while... that is the plan.

I wouldn't put the time and money into a hauler I wasn't keeping, that's for sure. You don't want to take it all out either.

I've learned quite a bit, and it's been frustrating at times.