Thinking of selling my old addiction to fund my new one

DuNe~Rydher

my 09 YFZ 450r was my baby and loved/love riding it. Enter new RZR and a body that doesn't ache after a day of riding. Needless to say I don't ride the quad much anymore, when I do get the itch to ride it I regret it mid dune run lol. Between the quad beating me up and it being a pain to fit it, and the rzr to bring them both to Dumont, I'm thinking of selling it.

BUT I'm so worried ill have sellers remorse!!!

Who's sold a toy and totally regretted it??

Hang on to it. Find a group to ride with ( usually through people on this site) and stay with it. I don't regret selling my old raptor, but I am getting the itch to do a summer run soon and it's not even summer yet. Need to get some quad money together. Stupid hobbies. Although I'm all about my rail, here's nothing like riding. I will ride until the day my body won't allow for it.

• Like 1

I have regretted selling two toys...

#1 my modified Joyner buggy.. it was so so much fun! I could take it anyplace... sand, trails, rock climbing..

and

#2 my Honda 450r.. which was received in trade and cash for my Joyner... I could ride hard with that girl, and could toss her all over the dunes, I was so comfortable on her, she was light and nimble... but a pain to kick start.. It hurt to watch her leave. I thought a bigger bike was what I needed to keep up with my group. But her replacement was to heavy and I had a hard time maneuvering it. I could no longer slide through the dunes and toss it over the razors. I just wasn't comfortable on the bigger bike.

But I am loving the replacement for that bike, my Ace.

That's why i love my 450, i'm so comfortable on it I feel like its just an extension of me. Plus I've put a lot of work and $ into her. Ugh tough decision, I don't wanna keep it just to keep it and have it sit in my garage while i drive the buggy. We'll see...not in a rush. Thanks for sharing Jodi!

• Like 1

This is exactly what has been bouncing around in my head for the last few years. I know if I get rid of it, I'm going to be super bummed when everyone starts lining up for a fun, fast dune ride. I think I will do everything I can to keep it, I would rather have it and not need it, then need it and not have it.

Plus, I would have to change all my online screen names! :thumbsdown:

• Like 1