Solarcity..has anyone done this?

goodguys75

Here in Colorado Solar City only leases their equipment. I bought mine outright from SolarUSA so once I pay off my loan all the power I generate is mine for free. Loan payment is the same as my utility bill was for eight years than it is all mine.

My understanding of solar and I may be wrong is the actual break even point is about 22 years. That's a long time to just break even. Here in Nv. you can't sell excess energy back to Nv. Energy company which holds a monopoly in this state. They are actually charging solar customers a higher fee than customers who have not gone solar. I am pretty convinced it's BS and I don't see it working financially for me.

It's not rocket science, do it yourself. Costco has 100 watt solar panels that I paid $139 shipped, and highly rated panels. They're on the motorhome but the cool deal with a residence is no batteries, use the electric co grid for "storage". You can add panels as you can afford them, and prices keep going down and efficiency keeps going up. All the cables are pre-sized with snap lock waterproof connectors, order online and way better price. Not sure about the states subsidizing if you do it yourself but a little head scratching and you can probably figure a way to work that part of it too. If you work on your quad, LT car etc you can do solar. Lee

I'm looking for a new house and I won't look at one with a solar lease.are you sure your going to live there for 20+ years.i wouldn't take over some ones car lease because it was parked in there garage.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Friends of ours just had them install a whole system and when it rained, they had so much roof damage it was crazy. 6 different spots that rain went into their house taking out sheetrock ceiling in multiple rooms along with floor damage from the rain. Had to tarp his whole roof until they got out there...2 days later, they suck....

Just an update. I have been generating approx. 53KWH per day and have turned my meter backwards 325KWH. I use approx. 19KWH per day during the summer. I still have four more months to bank before I turn the heat on for winter.

Just an update. I have been generating approx. 53KWH per day and have turned my meter backwards 325KWH. I use approx. 19KWH per day during the summer. I still have four more months to bank before I turn the heat on for winter.

Your heat is Electric?

There are options; Lease, PPA or Purchase (cash or financed). Marc has been on DDR for years, give us a call at 702-558-1500 to see if we can help explain.

btw, 'payback "ROI" is down to about 8 years

• 1 month later...