It's springtime. What fun stuff do you have planned?

dunefreak

Any trips or upcoming things to look forward to?

I'm done with the sand until I get that itch to get a summer morning run in. I had a great season. I've got a few enduro riding trips in mind plus plenty of mountain biking. Hopefully that snow melts at Big Bear. Looking forward to getting back up there soon. Oh and Havasu is right around the corner too!

What's on everyone's plate?

Well there is always Coral Pink!! For the summer dunes.

I always plan a big trip for the summer, since I am going to miss out on St Anthony's again this year with no room for me... I am going to check a big one off my bucket list... I am going to spend 3 nights and 4 days and 50 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail up in Oregon. Going from Timberline Lodge to Bridge of the Gods. My dream is to do the entire trail from Mexican border to Canadian border, but I will have to do it in sections. This will be my first section! I will pass snow capped mountains, mountain lakes, and tons of rainforest type waterfalls, including one called tunnel falls that you actually hike behind. Doing this for my birthday, I will turn 45 on the trail. And I get to see my family and friends up in Washington state.

Some of the things I will see... (none of which are my photos)

post-2396-0-04221200-1426560578_thumb.jp

post-2396-0-40874900-1426560579_thumb.jp

post-2396-0-34814600-1426560580_thumb.jp

post-2396-0-64235900-1426560581_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Looking forward to fishing the Eastern Sierra's and local lakes. Jet skiing is right around the corner, so more camping at the lakes and rivers. We'll be hitting the Colorado River a few times around Needles and going down to Havasu. I need to finish my XR650L project. Lots of desert night runs in the buggy.

Mountain biking is quite nice right bout now in the Big Bear area, come on up! We rode the last two days, spring training, good stuff. You can even shuttle Cougar Crest! They open the bike park on easter at Snow Summit, woot woot (with a new trail supposedly)!

1-2 more dune trips, then thinking about getting our boat in the water (06 Tahoe). Summer dual sporting in the San Berdoo Mtns is epic too.

Coral Pink, St. Anthony for Labor day, Maybe a Little Sahara trip, Oregon dunes, and maybe I will do something with the wife... lol.

A man with his priorities straight, lol.

St. Anthony worth the drive? thinking about it the same weekend. we usually do Duck Creek that weekend but always wanted to try St. Anthony.

Labor day will be the UTV Invasion at St. Anthony. It's by far the busiest weekend they have as I understand it. Still it's only about 20k people. The riding area is huge. Our rides from Camp to the end and back were 30 miles total. It's big, big dunes. Should be fun this year now that I have my own RZR. I didn't enjoy the rzr rides with my Raptor last year. It's very wide open with dunes over and over the size of comp hill. We are going as it's an industry ride type of thing.