Halloween 2015

yfz350guy

Wifey and I are planning a trip out to Dumont, her first trip, and my triumphant return since my last trip in 2008. sadly no toy hauler yet, so gonna be tenting it.

wondering if there are any tips from those who may have, or still do, tent camp at the D.

Thanks much,

Hope to see some of ya out there soon.

-Brent

• Like 1

Thanks for the ideas/heads up guys. Love the idea of camping with those with haulers, but gotta pay off my truck before jumping into another payment.

I got a small generator to power an electric heater in my tent as I know all too well it gets cold out there at night.

Hope to see some of y'all out there. Looking forward to the trip already.

I'm not ready yet but I will be. I have some new paddles to mount up, a few new heims to install and some general maintenance on the buggy. Oh and let's not forget some new interior LEDs to mount up. :MBdance:

It's too early to tell being 2 weeks out, but I'm guessing daytime highs in the upper 70's or maybe about 80. That's dunable for me. :driver:

• Like 2

Clutch kit should arrive by the weekend and be installed instantly, might make a day trip next Saturday to fine tune and be all set for Halloween!! We'll be out there Thursday morning.

I like those weather predictions Pete, I hope they come true :)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Pete, when you install the critical stuff like heims, A-arms, trailing arms/links, use a torque wrench THEN make some reference marks (sharpie, finger nail polish) not giant marks, just enough that a glance will show the fastener is still torqued. Especially on bolts that thread into a part itself so you can catch it before it wallows out the threads and will never stay tight without a helicoil (better than timeserts) or drill & thread oversized. A buddy said lets go jumping one night {Desert Dynamics LS 8 shock/bypassed) and grabbed his MX helmet so I looked over the critical stuff and his left rear trailing arm big bolt next to the trans had no nut and the bolt was only an inch at most inserted with just the threads hanging up it in with the bolt about a 30 deg angle. Would have wasted the arm, axle at least. just a quick eyeball with reference marks is the same as hitting each one with a torque wrench. Purely preventive, easy to do during maint/repair and peace of mind of "Do it once, do it right". You may already do this but others may not. Lee

Pete, when you install the critical stuff like heims, A-arms, trailing arms/links, use a torque wrench THEN make some reference marks (sharpie, finger nail polish) not giant marks, just enough that a glance will show the fastener is still torqued. Especially on bolts that thread into a part itself so you can catch it before it wallows out the threads and will never stay tight without a helicoil (better than timeserts) or drill & thread oversized. A buddy said lets go jumping one night {Desert Dynamics LS 8 shock/bypassed) and grabbed his MX helmet so I looked over the critical stuff and his left rear trailing arm big bolt next to the trans had no nut and the bolt was only an inch at most inserted with just the threads hanging up it in with the bolt about a 30 deg angle. Would have wasted the arm, axle at least. just a quick eyeball with reference marks is the same as hitting each one with a torque wrench. Purely preventive, easy to do during maint/repair and peace of mind of "Do it once, do it right". You may already do this but others may not. Lee

I already do this...because of your advice a few years ago.

Please Gill, Please Gill!!! get my Car tuned before next weeks so I can leave on Monday like planed, nothing like trying to plan ahead and still last minute,

will be there no matter what,

see you guys soon