Comp Hill 2005

metalalien

I uploaded this since it's 10 years ago. I believe it's during Presidents Day weekend but I can't be sure. (EDIT well I found some pictures of Presidents day 2005 and it was raining so this is some other holiday)

You'll notice, no side-by-sides but a ton of ATVs. Also a tricked out Golf Cart, the precursor of sxs.

Edited by metalalien

Wow! Awesome. Thanks for posting this, Eric. Kinda sad though. The biggest difference between now and then is the SOUND. Did you notice that? Bikes racing everywhere! You go over to comp now and everyone is sitting in their side x sides drinking beer. Hardly anyone races anymore. That or they are staring at the north pole. Dentboy asked me this last weekend about the crowds back in the day when it was at it's peak. Comparing the decent turnout to back then I would have to say it's still about half of what it used to be. The look on his face was like he almost couldn't imagine that many people out there. Just look at that group of bikes and buggies at the hill on what was probably a Saturday afternoon. I remember daytime was almost more fun than the nighttime atmosphere.

On a positive note, I got to see my buddy Mike at 2:36 in his buggy that hasn't ran since probably that trip! LOL Can't wait to show him.

• Like 1

Ha I figured you might know someone in the video. You've been going there since comp hill was just a whoop. :)

Yea Glamis still has crowds like that but even they don't seem to put so much effort into hill racing like 10 years ago. They save it all for the flat drags down by Gecko rd.

Here are some pictures of Presidents Day weekend of that same year. 2005. Maybe that video is Thanksgiving.

post-1362-0-98249600-1446827748_thumb.jp

post-1362-0-08374500-1446827757_thumb.jp

post-1362-0-82502600-1446827775_thumb.jp

post-1362-0-49230600-1446827790_thumb.jp

post-1362-0-98104200-1446827805_thumb.jp

Edited by metalalien

Thanks for sharing that was awesome!! I agree with Pete on this one used to be way more fun watching everyone racing and getting in the mix racing everyone else. Now there are only a handful of bikes and quads still having fun racing.

:watching:

• Like 1