New Years!

P-rot

I know there is still some time before, but we've never been out for New Years before and are wondering what the happenings are. Is it still more of a family event or is it all party all the time? I am taking my new 9 year old daughter out for her first trip and I don't want it be filled with constant worry over her because of stupid people riding all over.

• 2 weeks later...

So up-date for the fam. We are going Dec 29-Jan 6 (possibly later if I can get the 9-11 off). The family we are going with is planning on leaving the 3rd. That leaves 3 days with no "back-up". Of that I am not a huge fan, so I figure it might be a good change to meet some other DDR's. Who's going? Is anyone going to be there those days? We've got quads for the 3 of us and a 2 seater rail, so we are game for just about anything. If any one is going to be there with a Rzr, please tell my wife that they are horrible and you wish you'd never bought it! hahahahaha!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Its in our plan, but we will be coming off 5 days out there for our traditional Christmas, be out there Tues night 12/22 - 12/27. New Years is usually so quiet we don't even bother vending, just not enough people. A lot of vendors don't go out that weekend.

That's awesome!!! We have made our plans a little more solid! Headed out on Christmas day, won't be there until late sorry if I wake anyone up, and are now leaving on the 3rd. I have a work class I have to go to on the 4th. If you guys see beat up looking 2 seater VW rail dead somewhere in the middle of the dunes, come up, introduce yourself and have a laugh at me, but don't judge the rail, this is the last testing trip before paint!

Planning to leave Wednesday night 30th from Cali side this year . How is the traffic headed towards dumont from ca ? Does it get crazy from people headed to Vegas for New Years ? This is the first year headed out for New Years from ca side as we used to be coming from Vegas.

Any idea on what vendors will be out there? I was hoping to buy my daughter a flag and some poles for my rail but need someone to buy from!!

Pretty sure that Don with Dune Mart will be there. He was there last year, along with a couple of the shirt people and Beefy Boys. I stopped by last year to visit and see how sales were in case we made a mistake not being there and the general consensus was, good choice, most vendors barely made enough to cover the cost of being out there. So not sure how many will be there. But I have seen Don with Dune Mart out there on MLK when there is no one else.

I will be headed out on the 28-1st. Usually camp in the little Dunes but thinking about going over to the other side (big Dunes) this time. Going to be there with my wife and 12yr old son. Coming out solo so I would like to meet up with some people if possible for rides or camping. If your willing to let a new person into your dune family. We have a 28ft fifth wheel hauling a rzr1000 and a raptor 125 that my son rides. Looks like the weather is going to be great 50s during the day and a brisk 30 at night with wind 7-9mph.

Well we made it last night!!!! Got everything set up and checked out, put the girls to bed and I left for work. I got Monday off so I will be returning sooner than planned. Our friends showed up today around 3, so they've got some company and are hoping to wind dies down a little tomorrow (should based on the weather channel). We are on the dune side of Bathroom 8, I should be there Monday early evening and will be headed out to ride Tuesday as soon as I get up. If anyone is in the area and sees a blue raptor missing the grill headed out wave me down or come along for the ride!!!!

Sadly getting ready to leave tomorrow :(

Had a great time, and of course as days progressed things broke as things got used, UGH!!!!

My daughter jumped from her cheap Chinese 110 quad to a Honda 250 AND found the throttle!!! I'm so proud of her!! Our ride today more than made the trip worth it!! But now I've got to find a 250 before Presidents' Day (if you got one for sale hit me up!!!).

The dune mart came in clutch this trip when my wife's quad sprung a brake leak and my daughters quad dropped a chain, big thank you to him!!!

We put the kid in the atv safety course, not sure if it worked for the kid but hey it filled the majority of the day with sitting and watching for the wife and I.

See you guys Presidents' Day!!!!

• Like 1