Paddle tire size

higheroctane69

I have a cr500 trike and I'm running 7 paddle haulers on it. I was thinking that I need much more paddle for it . Taller haulers?? Or just more scoops ?? What are other 500 trikes running

How tall of a tire are you running? Taller Hauler would be a ton of tire for a trike, they are a lot taller and more rigid. If you are running a 20" tire, you could try a a 21" or 22" tire since the taller rollout would increase your top end and also provide more gap between the paddles, allowing each paddle to get more sand. You can also try just getting a 8 hauler, just keep in mind that you want some spin on the line, so that it does not bog.

I've run 7-10 paddle Haulers on my ATC 250R. The 8 paddle Haulers worked pretty good, and the 10 paddle Haulers threw lots of sand, but didn't let the 2-stroke rev, and bogged it down too much. I think 7 paddles are perfect for a 250cc. They let it rev, and a quick stab at the clutch will break the rear end loose. Since you're dealing with a 500cc beast, I would think you could easily get away with 10 paddles. I assume you're running an extended swingarm?

If you're interested, I have a set of 10 paddle Haulers for sale: http://www.dumontduneriders.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=20588#entry253684

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys I'm running a 21" tire I will prob try out a 10 paddle and see what it's like on it . Looks like a good deal on your tires red rider but I have 8" wheels . Yes , I have a very long swing arm . I pretty much almost spin the paddles off right now it feels like , so I'm thinking an extra paddle or two will help. It's a Paul turner 500 so it seems to make good power that I don't feel I'm able to hook up.

Your trike sounds like fun Dune Pro. I used to run 8" diameter rear wheels on my 250R, but I kept having issues with my paddles getting out of sync with one another. Basically, the rear wheels were slipping, or spinning, inside the tires, causing the paddles to get out of sync. Once they're out of sync, the bike tends to pull to one side or another, depending on which side hooks up first. Then, it was suggested that I switch to a 10" diameter rear wheel because the larger diameter gives more surface area for the tire to grip the wheel, thus preventing slippage. Once I did that, no more issues.