Feedback for a Baker RV Park and secured storage

dunefreak

Baker RV park and secured storage  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use a Baker RV park and/or secured storage lot

• yes
    • no
    • maybe, depends on price and/or amenties

I am looking to gather some feedback for a new site sponsor of ours, BakerNorthland.com. They are advertising with us because they have a limited number of residential acre lots for sale at $10K per acre as well as 23 acres of commercial property that they are seeking feedback for.

They are wondering if the dune community would have any use in a pull-through RV space in Baker if they could have the usual amenities for a top notch RV park, including utility hookups, access to showers, a meeting room, and secure storage for vehicles? Shelters for RV’s have been suggested also. If so, what would be a fair price for the space?

I already told them what I thought, but I'm looking for your honest opinion and feedback so I can relay it too them.

post-3-0-23180900-1464747466_thumb.jpg

For the dune community I think there would be next to zero interest in a rv park for multiple reasons. As far as storage, some may use it to cut down on wear and tear but very few IMO. If it was closer to the dunes like the storage areas in Glamis then it may be a touch more popular but there are not near the numbers they have down south. Baker is simply a place to refuel for most and change directions (west) for a few.

• Like 1

I would look into the storage option for the season, would have to have security and insurance,etc. but couldnt see using a full service RV Park. Its just not close enough to anything and part of what I love about Dumont is the camping !

unfortunately most of us do not have a positive view of Baker. there has been many thefts off of peoples truck/trailers when they have stopped for food or provisions. other then gas water and quick food there is really nothing there. in fact if you need something when you are at dumont you usually go to Pahrump. and vegas is so close 100 miles i don't think you would get many vegas people wanting to use storage. security would be a Big question

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to have a better place to empty out! the gas station (will remain unnamed) I have always had issues with (over charged me for fuel, had a pump that didn't kick off, workers didn't know their store, etc) and I will never give them by business again, so it would be nice to have a place to dump before getting back on the freeway, I'd even be willing to pay!