DDR updates coming for the season ahead

dunefreak

Just now, EY3BA11 said:

Finally checking out the mobile version and digging it so much easier to read an di navigate.  IPS may have a winner here :)

keep up up the good work Pete. 

I blame iPhone for all misspellings and autocorrect issues. 

On 10/6/2016 at 6:48 PM, EY3BA11 said:

Finally checking out the mobile version and digging it so much easier to read an di navigate.  IPS may have a winner here :)

keep up up the good work Pete. 

Thanks. I agree the mobile version is much better! That's basically the biggest reason for this update. Getting with the times!

On 10/6/2016 at 6:49 PM, EY3BA11 said:

I blame iPhone for all misspellings and autocorrect issues. 

haha

1 hour ago, DuNe~Rydher said:

I like It a lot Pete. It's pretty rare I use my laptop to log on anymore so I'm loving how mobile friendly the site is now. easy to see unread content, post pics, leave live reports, awesome. Don't need tapatalk anymore. 

That's great to hear. Thanks Stephen. 

If there is anything you think should be changed or added, just let me know. I still need to tweak the mobile header a little bit to incorporate our logo, but it's not a big deal for now. 

is there any way that the time period can be made permanent for each person...i have to go into there

each day and check the place for "new messages since last visit"...so in that respect is worse than

the old version and more time comsuming and clicking

thanks

9 minutes ago, foolofsand said:

is there any way that the time period can be made permanent for each person...i have to go into there

each day and check the place for "new messages since last visit"...so in that respect is worse than

thanks

What are you referring to? Checking new forum posts or private messages?

3 hours ago, foolofsand said:

thanks

As far as unread forum content. If you click the newspaper next to the search icon, upper right, it shows all unread content from any section that I haven't read since the last time I logged on. at least it does for me. 1 click.

Ahh I think I know what you are talking about...new posts and how the recent activity is displayed in your stream.

There is a way to create your own stream and make the New Posts/ unread content button act how you want it to. It's really easy.  I just learned how myself. lol

1. Click new posts. 

2. Make necessary adjustments to the options how want the new posts to be displayed. There are plenty of options. Make sure you read them all and understand what they mean. Then SAVE as New Stream. 

3. Then when the page refreshes with your new posts listed, click the little check mark icon next to the title ("New Posts") and make it your default stream.

newposts.jpg

Now the New Posts link/ button will display the new posts and site content that you prefer to see when you click it. 

Note: this will only change the New Posts link under the nav bar. That will be your custom news feed. I don't know if I can make it update the new button on the nav bar. I'll look into that.

newposts2.jpg

The little newspaper/ "new post" icon on the mobile site will now also show this custom feed. At any time you want to edit or delete it, just click the edit or delete button next to the title of the stream. 

ok cool. Let me know.

I looked into if I can have the nav bar menu button update too and it's not possible for custom feeds. Only the New Posts link can be customized. That link also appears at the bottom of the page so that's handy when surfing the site.

I added "Recent Status updates" to the sidebar. We'll see if anyone uses it. I think it's better than a shoutbox because you can post to each other's profile or reply to others' posts. The posts also show up in the activity stream. The shoutbox was sorta dated and rarely used so I don't see us adding it back. 

I made some improvements to our Classifieds section this morning. :D

• expanded the classifieds into it's own category for easier navigating
  • added a "Mark as Sold" button. Click this when your ad is sold and it will go away. 
  • I added some parts sections as sub-forums (ie: Sandrail parts, Side x Side parts, Auto parts)
  • A  miscellaneous section was also added for things that don't fit into the other sections

4 hours ago, Svengoolie said:

Nice job on the site.

I usually don't like change, but this was a positive.

Thanks! Glad to hear. It's always stressful making changes, but I am pretty happy about the site updates this time. I think everything works and flows much better. 

• Like 1

Another update:

In case you haven't noticed, we have a fancy new Dune Food section! The link is right under General Chat. I moved most of the recipes we had posted here on the forum over to the Dune Food page. It's a much nicer and easier to read recipe section. Check it out and add one if you have one. 

http://www.dumontduneriders.com/dune-food/

• Like 1

A few new things have been added to your profiles with the site update. You can add a cover photo and also add photos of your toys to your profile. Just click edit profile and add photos. this will add a "My Sand Toys" tab to your profile.