paddles not holding air

dirtflickarooster

I did a search on this forum and it seems like SLIME was answer to keep paddles holding air.

My rear paddles on my car need to be aired up every 8 hours or so. (when i wake up in the morning to dune at least one is flat)

after checking with soap and water in a spray bottle the paddles seem do be leaking around the beads.

I read somewhere that a mixture of antifreeze and alumiseal works really good, does not corrode, doesn't dry out paddles, and does not leave a huge mess.

so what works best? fix a flat, alumiseal mix, slime, or other? just curious. 

If they're leaking that bad around the bead, it's likely there's sand in there. I would bust them down and clean the bead.

I use Berryman's Tire Sealer and it works really well. Not sure how well it would work if the beads are dirty though. 

9 hours ago, dirtflickarooster said:

I did a search on this forum and it seems like SLIME was answer to keep paddles holding air.

My rear paddles on my car need to be aired up every 8 hours or so. (when i wake up in the morning to dune at least one is flat)

after checking with soap and water in a spray bottle the paddles seem do be leaking around the beads.

I read somewhere that a mixture of antifreeze and alumiseal works really good, does not corrode, doesn't dry out paddles, and does not leave a huge mess.

so what works best? fix a flat, alumiseal mix, slime, or other? just curious. 

slime is just that...slime.   best is the antifreeze and alumiseal....have giant paddles that leaked in hours...since then never leak and

never loose air

If you ran the tires to low in air, and sand got between the rim and tires in the bead area, you would need to clean them really good before applying any seal.  BTW 1/2 of bottle of alumiseal and antifreeze per tire, works the best, but once you apply it you have to drive the car for a few minutes to allow the alumiseal to get on all the little crevices.   

No matter what remedy you read about first this first is the sand in the bead has got to go.  The sand will shred the bead from the inside out and cause more problems and by introducing anything else to the situation just means that the sand will remain and keep the problem going.  I say this from experience.  That being said slime is not the answer.  I have used the antifreeze and alumiseal mixture and it works great and especially if you have bead locks.  But if your going to do it you might as well and do it right.  Start fresh and enjoy the season with less stress.