4th Annual Buggy Roundup

dunefreak

Well last year the car was in pieces parts, this year have been more conservative, going to take it easy at thanks-G and can not wait to make the buggy round up,

talking to Steve about taking Friday off and coming out Thursday Night or Friday, day,  

• Like 1

Have the engine in tear down after it ran like sh*t over Halloween weekend.

Hoping to have it done by this event.

If so, we will be out there.

I can't commit to camping in the same spot, I have an unpredictable dog that travels with us:dayum:

If it is OK, we will pop over and check on rides.

If not, I understand.

Thanks for posting this,

Bradley

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IrnBear said:

Have the engine in tear down after it ran like sh*t over Halloween weekend.

Hoping to have it done by this event.

If so, we will be out there.

I can't commit to camping in the same spot, I have an unpredictable dog that travels with us:dayum:

If it is OK, we will pop over and check on rides.

If not, I understand.

Thanks for posting this,

Bradley

No, you can't come by. :blink: jk Of course it's ok! :thumb: Hope you get your buggy back together in time.

I confirmed with Ben and he will be bringing his scales again this year so we can have the buggy weigh in. :beerpint:

Also, this year we'll be doing tacos & UFC! :mex: :beat:DDR will be providing carne asada tacos buffet style for everyone Saturday night. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Metal_tech_motorsports said:

We are going to try and make it as well. If you guys want some digital scales I can bring mine if the other member is unable too. 

Ok cool. That would be great just in case. Thanks!

• Like 1

I'm in and my brother is coming also. We're new to the group and looking forward to meeting new duners. 

Can't wait. 

We are going to be arriving later than we are used to. Might be 7pm so save me some room. 

Mike

Edited by Sand buddy
Update

So I'm not sure who the the geniuses were that went to the BLM visitor center over Thanksgiving weekend asking about the buggy roundup for info, but they have thrown a big wrench into the plans of this casual and fun group dune trip. BLM has contacted me to fill out a special recreation permit for this "event". It never was even considered an event, but because we advertised for it and people started asking questions it has thrown a red flag like it is big production. So now I must fill out special recreation permit application and hope they tell us we do not require a permit to go have fun in the sand as a group of friends. I am cooperating with BLM and will submit all the necessary paperwork and will keep you all in the loop. You've got no idea how upset I am with this whole situation. I will keep you all in the loop though. So if you are wondering why everything related to this trip got taken down from the site and our Facebook, that's why. We can't advertise for it. 

Regardless of what happens, I am duning that weekend. 

• Like 3