Search for hit and run driver at Dumont dunes

I have a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that this was a hit and run. I have more faith in the humanity of Dumont people than that.  I'm pretty sure if the driver knew he or she hit a 3 year old little girl on accident, they would have stopped. Either way, this had to be terrifying for the parents. I am glad the little girl will recover. This could have easily been way worse! 

I always go very slow on the fingers unless there is clearly nobody around. I can see their point of view how it was early, nobody was around and she was supervised, but this just shows how accidents can still happen. I would be camped much farther away from a traffic area if I had kids. 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

As the year mark approaches I find it  pretty sad and quite disgusting that no one owned up to running over my neice! As long time duners (30+years)  I understand accidents happen, I understood the driver and or passenger may not have been aware that he  plowed over a little girl. I get it BUT... this story has surfaced everywhere. It was an early morning run over a finger... The person responsible knows it was him! It wasn't like it was smack in the middle of the day and they had already gone on several runs ya know! It sickens me that the coward hasn't stepped forward and owned up to this! 

Edited by Vegashottie76

On 11/10/2016 at 9:32 AM, dunefreak said:

Nope and I doubt they ever will. The description of the buggy has changed a couple times and I doubt the driver even knew he or she hit the little girl. 

Story has surfaced everywhere so for the driver and or passenger to not know now I find that hard to believe! He's just a fkn coward! 

Edited by Vegashottie76

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...