Thanksgiving 2016

dunefreak

up in the air on the day, my daughter has the week off of school, I took the week off, but the wife is taking off on Wednesday so we are going to leave Tuesday night,

or if she takes of Tuesday, then we can leave on Monday,

Steve and Ken are leaving on Friday and will be out there till the following Friday or Saturday,

see you at bath 9!

• Like 1

Having a great trip so far! Little bit of rain this morning and supposed to rain again tomorrow morning. Good wind this afternoon got a little exfoliated on our ride but other than that great so far! 

Not many vendors yet but hopefully that will change as we get closer to the holiday

28 minutes ago, P-rot said:

Having a great trip so far! Little bit of rain this morning and supposed to rain again tomorrow morning. Good wind this afternoon got a little exfoliated on our ride but other than that great so far! 

Not many vendors yet but hopefully that will change as we get closer to the holiday

Thanks for the update P-rot. Keep us working folk posted this week so we can live vicariously through you. haha Try posting up live dune reports on the Conditions page, http://www.dumontduneriders.com/conditions/

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 8:05 PM, jalper said:

up in the air on the day, my daughter has the week off of school, I took the week off, but the wife is taking off on Wednesday so we are going to leave Tuesday night,

or if she takes of Tuesday, then we can leave on Monday,

Steve and Ken are leaving on Friday and will be out there till the following Friday or Saturday,

see you at bath 9!

So far, Steve did a little testing Sunday, all worked out with the mosebuilt had a couple of adjustments with the brackets and he is coming on Thursday or Friday,

Garry from our group showed up on Saturday, myself sandrash and Markha is getting there tomorrow, itsweeks I think is Tuesday or Wednesday, think it depends on the new car being finished up, he is working hard at it, and Jetjock is coming out around the same time as us late Monday,

stop by bathroom 9, everyone have a happy thanksgiving

what a month, it would take a 6 pack to tell you this story. new machine rolling dirty but will be there late Thursday. happy thanksgiving everyone and Pete I will find you this time, if not at blm meeting. don't tear it up to bad

18 minutes ago, nas6car said:

what a month, it would take a 6 pack to tell you this story. new machine rolling dirty but will be there late Thursday. happy thanksgiving everyone and Pete I will find you this time, if not at blm meeting. don't tear it up to bad

I don't think I'll be making it a whole weekend trip this Thanksgiving. I'll probably just do a day trip on Saturday but I'll be there.  

• Like 1

Question for you avid Dumont users, a small group of us are heading out tomorrow; I'm looking at parking/camping near #9 bath I have a heavy "Bob Tail" box truck I'm bringing out, is there anything to expect, as far real soft sand heading that way, thanks Mike.

13 minutes ago, MP135 said:

Question for you avid Dumont users, a small group of us are heading out tomorrow; I'm looking at parking/camping near #9 bath I have a heavy "Bob Tail" box truck I'm bringing out, is there anything to expect, as far real soft sand heading that way, thanks Mike.

You'll be fine out that way. It's hard packed and fairly rocky out that direction. Just hang a left as soon as you get to top of the plateau near the visitor center. 

Welcome to the site, Mike. 

54 minutes ago, MP135 said:

Another question, is that a nice spot? or would you suggest an alternative.

It's all personal preference. I don't think there's many bad spots. Over by 9 is usually pretty quiet and dust/ traffic free.

Day report-

didnt see the dunes, did a rzr ride to the date farm today then explored the mines on the way back. Blew out both passenger side rims and tires on my friends rzr right as we got back to the dunes and that killed the day. Other than that weather has been great and riding has been perfect. A little bit of chop and whitches eyes are way worse than they were 10 years ago but still great to ride

From what I have heard there is already quite the crowd out there. I'm still just shooting for a day trip on Saturday. I'm not feeling up to a weekend trip until Buggy Roundup. @duniemonkie and I will roll out with the buggy, socialize and play around in the sand for the day. We're going to try to hit up the BLM meeting at 10AM and check out the waterpumpers. I have a few people I'd like to meet this weekend too.