What is up with SXS...

19th_AT

First and foremost I hope I am posting on the correct area for this... but I am starting to serious look at sxs. My good friend and I both have vw sandrails that we built and they are a blast. However, its just the vw curse that every time we go out something breaks. SO here is my question to all you folks....What is the best value as far as performance and cost out there for a SxS? Everything just seems so expensive for something that imo is a bit underpowered... THanks !

Best value ive seen was a turbo can  am maverick 4:seater..(17900).2016 so its at my place now.  I had a subby car, and currently have a old school vw car too. The maverick is capable... I duned at Halloween and rarely was wide open on it. Its a versatile car, trails, etc...and holds the passengers.

As for power, its a turbo, and ice been a turbo builder fabricator for 20 years...I have 10 + turbo cars...so turning it up is straight forward to me

The 2 seat turbo RZR by all specs would be a nice machine. The 2 seat RZR non turbo is also a versatile nice machine. I have a 2 seat and 4 seat RZR non turbos. Love them both. ( well technically the 2 seat is the wives) 😳😂

the Can Am maverick X3 has 3 models also they look bad to the bone. I haven't driven one yet but want to BAD. But there uber$$$$ 

Edited by White Rhino

The X3 X RE turbo R( I don't name them) is as close to sitting in a buggy as any SXS could feel. You actually sit down in the cockpit and the suspension is soaking up pretty much everything you can throw at it. No side to side body roll and when you step on it the front end comes up, the rear squats and you get pushed back in the seat. I won't have my paddles for next weekend and I am still in break in mode, but I am always amazed at how well this thing does on any terrain. I wen t with the Can Am because other than wheels and sand tires and a 5 point harness my expenses pretty much stop. Every RZR owner I have ever talked to has at least $20K in above what they purchased it for and still don't have the suspension I got from the factory.

Bought it at route 66 motorsports in kingman, Az for $27,730. 00 OTD. They beat the local dealer by over $1200.00 and than the sales tax issue. I was invited by Can Am to attend a ride event near LV in Logandale, NV for a test drive. For doing that and buying within 60 days I got $1000.00 in free accessories. I picked up a lighted whip (which fell out and is gone within 30 minutes of first ride). Dealer is making it right but I think design on the whip mount system is poor and if I had seen it prior to picking it up would not have gotten it. I also got lower door panels, a front intrusion bar and the interior dome light set up. I will be adding Simpson seats and a set of 5 point harnesses. Then maybe see if I need anything else after paddles and wheels

• Like 1

Did you have to pay AZ sales tax then make up the difference here when you register it? Or did they let you get out of there without paying any tax presuming you will pay it here when you register it? 

Should have pm'd you that, you can pm back if you prefer.