Rear torsion bar "HELP"

HawaiianstyleLV

What's up DDR so I've finally been able to tear the car apart to try and replace the the torsion bushings and the cap but the problem is trying to get the torsion bar off. The car is a Sandlimo and they have their own spring plate and I'm at a loss of how to get the thing off. The orange plate in pics connects the spring plate to the trailing arm but have no way of getting a jack under the spring plate. Any advice is welcome. 

IMG_3873.JPG

IMG_3874.JPG

IMG_3875.JPG

IMG_3878.JPG

Update!!! So I had to go really backyard mechanic but was able to get the spring plates off finally with three different straps and a mallet and viola. I'd say that those bushing are good for another season. Ha yeah right and with tearin into the car come to find out I'm in the same boat as @dunefreak needing to rebuild my rear suspension only two but might as well do all of them since they're off 

IMG_3884.JPG

IMG_3885.JPG

IMG_3891.JPG

IMG_3892.JPG

IMG_3893.JPG

Those bushings are fairly cheap to replace if you already have the spring plate off. Just make sure to  set them both at the same level when you put them back on. They do sale a special tool for removal of vw spring plates and it should work with your sandlimo setup there. But the mallet, wrachet strap and jack setup is the best approach IMO.

• Like 1

I hope you marked where those came out. That way you can put them back the same way. If not your going to have one side with more pressure than the other side. The torsion bars hopefully stayed in so that is half the battle. Just make sure both sides go on at the same angle and you should be ok.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2016 at 5:47 PM, bp-guy said:

I hope you marked where those came out. That way you can put them back the same way. If not your going to have one side with more pressure than the other side. The torsion bars hopefully stayed in so that is half the battle. Just make sure both sides go on at the same angle and you should be ok.

Thanks Tim I saw some slack today in the limit straps and tore it all back down thought my marks were right on but I was off by one spline.