New Years 16-17

dunefreak

I'm wondering how empty Dumont is going to be this year for New Years. There's not even a thread about it yet.:dunno:

It's hasn't been a very busy one over the past few years. Anyone going out? A bunch of us are going to Glamis, otherwise I'd be there. 

When we got up this morning to leave, there were 20 new camps that had developed over night and several more haulers rolling in and down the road. The sand was still wet and solid on last night's cocktail run. But the week looks cold but dry until Friday, so hopefully it will dry out a bit more. Looked like most of the groups that had rolled in where going to be there for the week with huge piles of wood. We are debating doing a 4 day turn around and heading back out.

Dune Mart was already set up on Vendor Row. But generally there's only 4 - 5 vendor's out that weekend. It's just too slow.

On December 26, 2016 at 4:39 PM, sand chick said:

When we got up this morning to leave, there were 20 new camps that had developed over night and several more haulers rolling in and down the road. The sand was still wet and solid on last night's cocktail run. But the week looks cold but dry until Friday, so hopefully it will dry out a bit more. Looked like most of the groups that had rolled in where going to be there for the week with huge piles of wood. We are debating doing a 4 day turn around and heading back out.

Dune Mart was already set up on Vendor Row. But generally there's only 4 - 5 vendor's out that weekend. It's just too slow.

I heard it was like 2,000 camps. Place is packed. No one can even get in 😂😂

• Like 1

Some friends of mine are out there all by themselves, there name is Marc and Jeannie from boulder city. They are just past bath 3 on the right with a red ford dually and a Sierra toy hauler. They are sad that they have no one to camp with. Please stop by and give them some DDR holiday cheer. Thanks guys

On 12/28/2016 at 8:30 AM, dunefreak said:

Since I'll be in Glamis this weekend, I'll be relying on you guys for the Dumont updates! :D

So don't forget to post up some dune reports. Thanks and everyone have a great weekend. Stay safe. :rockwoot:Happy New Year!

http://www.dumontduneriders.com/conditions/

dune report3.jpg

And don't forget to add your best photo at the END to be your feature photo :newyears::stick_smack::laughing: 

Edited by sand chick
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, nas6car said:

Some friends of mine are out there all by themselves, there name is Marc and Jeannie from boulder city. They are just past bath 3 on the right with a red ford dually and a Sierra toy hauler. They are sad that they have no one to camp with. Please stop by and give them some DDR holiday cheer. Thanks guys

What kind of toys do they have, quads, buggy SXS?

10 hours ago, nas6car said:

That's about where we stay little more to west side though like ynot said what kind of machines they running. I'll be there Friday night 

19 minutes ago, maddogaboo said:

We were camped above the pay station entrance. Keep seeing the rangers out on the entrance road at night stopping people. Anyone know what that was all about?

Stopping trucks/Rvs or OHVs? If it was trucks/ RVs, it was probably for speeding. 

Had a great 5 day trip.  On Thursday our camp of about 10 rigs got visited by 3 rangers.  They were very pointe and we had a good discussion about Dumont and what was happening around.  They went to several members of our camp and had them fill our surveys along with passing out flyers for the cleanup and junior ranger pamphlets.  They were very complimentary of Pete and the Buggy Roundup.  All in all it was a very encouraging encounter.  Of course the warm cookies that just happen to come out of the oven when they showed up didn't hurt.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, dunefreak said:

Stopping trucks/Rvs or OHVs? If it was trucks/ RVs, it was probably for speeding. 

20 hours ago, maddogaboo said:

We were camped above the pay station entrance. Keep seeing the rangers out on the entrance road at night stopping people. Anyone know what that was all about?

We got stopped for having an "off road light" on. Mike had a 30 inch light bar on in the grill. Apparently Dumont Dunes Rd is a public highway until the pay station. No off road lighting is allowed on Dumont Dunes Rd. We did not get a ticket, just a warning, but we were treated like criminals, with 10,000 questions that we asked and repeated and asked again, then asked again in a different way to see if she would get a different answer. When she came to my side, I rolled down the window, before she even came up, and I put both hands out the window open palmed, she still came in with gun unlocked and hand on ready, flash light to the face. I felt like she was searching trying to catch us doing something wrong. We were curtious and answered everything in a calm manner. I think they were just sitting down there catching people doing wrong things. We assumed that since it was a dirt road, going to an off road location, the light bar was fine, we were wrong, we apologized for being wrong. I think she was mad she got two old people and three dogs :laughing: 

On 12/29/2016 at 6:17 PM, HawaiianstyleLV said:

That's about where we stay little more to west side though like ynot said what kind of machines they running. I'll be there Friday night 

I cruised by to check on them and saw that they had another rig with them so they were covered.Hope they had a great time!

• Like 1