Halloween Trip Report

HappyHour

i to home a while ago, i ended going through Baker just for the heck of it, and for me its 30 miles longer, but it was cool,...just had to have a Gyro anyway. pete sorry about your buggy breakin, iam still spittin sand now and then....man that thing is fast!, to bad about the deaths out there. iam beat though

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry I missed ya this morning Pete and anyone else when I took off. I'll get to work on the new vid and get something posted soon. Can't wait until the next trip, see you all there...Semper Fi, Woody :beercheers:

No biggie, Mike. Actually I did catch you pulling out at the end of the finger dune, but you didn't notice me. I was on my 2 wheeler. You did wave, but I doubt you knew it was me. Regardless, I had a great time hanging out. Can't wait for next time! :D

pete sorry about your buggy breakin, iam still spittin sand now and then....man that thing is fast!, to bad about the deaths out there. iam beat though

It's cool. It sucks it happened, but I'm glad you got to have some fun it it while it lasted. :beercheers: Much thanks to Dave Larson for helping out with his truck and the rest of the group that helped me get the car back to camp. Oh and I doubt those guys that towed me to the flats are on here, but thanks to them too! :D

:banghead::banghead:

oh well, at least it happened at the END of the weekend and not the very beginning. :undecided:

S2010079~1.JPG

Cole and his cheesy smile, :laughing:

S2010081~2.JPG

Ok, I knew it was someone from Camp, just not who, I thought you were on a Raptor. Look a little different with a Helmet on and a .... :beercheers: Can't wait for the next trip, I'll be out for Vet's Day...Semper Fi, Woody

damn Pete your rail looks exactly like my quad looks? Did you break ball joint? I said BALL.

:shake::banghead:

No, the arm that comes off the spindle broke. So the actual spindle itself broke. :undecided: I just replaced it not too long ago too! :pissed: I wouldn't have to replace the whole thing, but when I was being towed, the spindle shaft snapped because the wheel was being dragged so hard and cocked under the a-arm. :laughing: (yeah...I said "cocked!") :shake::banghead:

It looks like it wasn't welded good enough. Time to beef this front end up. :blury: ugggh :beercheers:

You guys all came home after dark.

You should have see all the trash bags that people"lost" on the way home on the Tecopa road,cars hit them and trash was everywhere.

I cant believe all trash at comp.Ashley and I went for a early morning quad ride and I couldnt believe it.

Allthough I hear DDR did an early clean up trip!!! :beercheers::undecided:

You guys all came home after dark.

You should have see all the trash bags that people"lost" on the way home on the Tecopa road,cars hit them and trash was everywhere.

I cant believe all trash at comp.Ashley and I went for a early morning quad ride and I couldnt believe it.

Allthough I hear DDR did an early clean up trip!!! :undecided::laughing:

yep, I saw those bags on the highway. :beercheers:

We picked up quite a bit at comp...enough to fill the entire back of my truck! :banghead: Something like 7-8 bags of trash.

props to you guys for cleaning up

hope your rail is fixed in time for you to get it out at veterans day pete

I doubt I will be able to make it out at all that weekend. :( It might be a while before the car is fixed too. :beercheers::(

Sorry I didnt get over to the DDR camp this weekend. The Manx took a shiate as soon as it came off the trailer. Couldnt get it to run right. I drove by Saturday and saw someone at the DDR camp point and wave at me. I would have come by but I did not bring the Banshee. Did see Petes rail Friday night at comp, sounded sweet goin up the hill. I took my Pops rail out and found the elusive south pole, great work guys. Next trip is Vets weekend and then Turkey day!!!!!!

post-984-1162185599.jpg

What a weekend! Just got home and am worked. I dont think the weather could have been better.

The potluck was awsome, not to mention huge! :thumbsdown: I dont think I have eaten so well in a long time! Who ever made that cheese sauce, please send us the recipe! :beercheers:

Thanks for having us and thanks to Ynot for letting us camp with him and his family. We had a great time and are looking forward to the next DDR trip!

Are you talking about the cheese sauce in the green crock pot?

yep, I saw those bags on the highway. :beercheers:

We picked up quite a bit at comp...enough to fill the entire back of my truck! :thumbsdown: Something like 7-8 bags of trash.

As to the bags on the highway, we were coming home about 6pm Sunday and just as we got on to the Pahrump highway from Tecopa turn- off a truck with a toyhauler passed us and there was trash blowing out of the bed of their truck all over the place. I believe the plates were GR8TYM on the trailer plates. We all need to learn to take a little extra time and tie the trash down.

Also Pete if you need help gusseting your parts let me know I worked for a specialty fabrication shop for ten years.

Also Pete if you need help gusseting your parts let me know I worked for a specialty fabrication shop for ten years.

Thanks, Roy, but I think I am gonna have the front end of my car completely redesigned/ rebuilt with heavier spindles, heims, etc. I appreciate it though. :D

The weekend went great, my wife an I were very relaxed...The pot luck was good, the sobes were great. i plan on camping again with ddr in the near future. The only problem I had was a near miss with a pink/purple old school buggy right at the north pole. They came over the dune and I was riding across and lets just say it was a good thing I was riding a moto to get out of the way. The buggy did a good job to swerve also. I am sure I scared the crap out of that buggy driver. Oh yeah my key broke in my rv door as I left.

:beercheers:

Thanks, Roy, but I think I am gonna have the front end of my car completely redesigned/ rebuilt with heavier spindles, heims, etc. I appreciate it though. :D

Havent we had driveway discussions about those spindles before... :beercheers::thumbsdown:

:finger::finger::finger::finger::ninja: maybe time to buy a rhino????? :redhat:

uhhhhhh NO. :beercheers:

I am gonna beef up the front end. A rhino won't do what I like to do...dune fast. :thumbsdown:

I like the look on your face when we flew past you in your Rhino in the dunes when we were on a buggy ride on Friday. :redhat: