Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just Talk to someone at dumont weathers Great No wind And Its Packed

Also heard that their was 2 killed in sand rail on the westside

No idea not to belive this person they pull the car out

2 was riding alone and was discovered upside down

OUR Heart goes out to the family and freinds Sorry for the lost

got back last night. was planning on staying till today, but a guy that was with my son & I hurt his leg on his dirt bike. A guy thay works with my son came by as we we're getting ready to leaveand told us about the sand rail crash. I understand there was 2 guys in the rail, and both we friends of this guy. Don't know much more than that.

yes, our prayers are with their family and friends.

yea, was pretty crowded. Weather was great mid 80's during the day, and when i got up yesterday morn it was 60. just a light breeze most of the time.

Has to repair lose wire on 06 450. battery wasn't charging friday night.

then our little dog wondered off friday night around 9. looked all around, checked camps around us. no luck. Went to rangers camp sat morning and someone turned her in. Guess we were lucky. I asked them if the people who turned her left there name or something. They didn't. They said it was a mom and daughter that turned her in, and they said there's only about 20k-30K of them there. LOL. If who ever turned her in, I thank you very much.

my son took some pics and video's but can't find them. Sorry

yes the accident was very unfortunate 2 guys 1 was newly married and the car was just finished. it seems they were heading up the hill and jumped a dune not realizing or being able to see that it had a pretty steep drop on the other side into a hole maybe 30+ foot drop off. he was obviously on the gas as the a$$ end rotated around and thats what hit the ground first and proceeded to lay over the entire cage from rear to front instantly taking out the 2 occupants. apparaently one of the guys brother was behind him saw him dissapear and not come up the other side. at least thats what the off duty sherriff i was camped with was told when we arrived at the scene of the accident.

prayers go out to the entire family

It is very sad to hear of stuff like this, my thoughts go out to the families................. :dunno:

My only question is, does anyone know if these guys had belts on or not??

Edited by HappyHour

belts or not made no difference in the outcome when i saw them they were both still in there seats they could have had helmets to and still no change. you had to see the gap and drop off to realize the impact the last tracks seen were at the top of the dune some 30+ feet away facing north by the time it had rotated around and landed on the rear and roof it was facing south. i have seen off road cars take beatings and flip upside down and lay over a cage like it was brake tubing. im not saying this car was not braced properly but i have seen a ton of sand cars with very little if any upper cage supports. just look around at all the 4 seaters with no "b" pillar its a scary thought.

Sorry to hear about the accident, I have a whole group of family out there this weekend and I'm in texas for a wedding, anybody know what city the people were from that were involved.? Would help me sleep tonight.

Busy and bumpy.

I just happened to be over at the ranger outpost when they were responding to the Buggy accident no one was moving very fast and that's always a bad sign.

We will be going out again next weekend to enjoy a little more quite time I hope.

yep, the rail was in bad shape when i saw it, and there was also a ultralight plane that crashed, killing the pilot, thats all that i know of. it gets dangerous out there with that many people, so you have to be extra carefull.

b.t.w., i started a happy thread for halloween weekend since this one took a turn for bad things.

yes those guyz were still in there seats,so they were wearing belts!! it broke alot of hearts to see that,god bless them and there family,,they woke up not knowing what was going to happen,and that goes too all of :( us!!! you just never know!!!

Edited by rhino king

I have to say it was a fun trip with out group but, There were to many people for me. To many stupid people.

It's kind of sad these people that leave all their trash for someone else to pick up, bottles,cans mic. junk in the fire pits. Just more ammo for the grennies and I would not blame them.

We did wake up Sunday and a stray dog was sitting in our Rhino kind of funny, asked around and did find the owners they were so happy to get him back.

yep, the rail was in bad shape when i saw it, and there was also a ultralight plane that crashed, killing the pilot, thats all that i know of. it gets dangerous out there with that many people, so you have to be extra carefull.

b.t.w., i started a happy thread for halloween weekend since this one took a turn for bad things.

I talked to the people with the ultralight myself when they were loading up the busted plane,( they were camped right next to me) the pilot had a broken pelvis, a broken leg and 2 broken ribs, but is expected to live to tell about it. The plane was in several pieces when it left. The rail on the other hand was toast, cage bent flat against rail, landed flat on lid from way up the air. Not a single tire track on the other side of gap he flew, just marks in sand where cage parked the rail. My heart goes out the the families involved, looked like a VERY bad deal.

I have to say it was a fun trip with out group but, There were to many people for me. To many stupid people.

It's kind of sad these people that leave all their trash for someone else to pick up, bottles,cans mic. junk in the fire pits. Just more ammo for the grennies and I would not blame them.

We did wake up Sunday and a stray dog was sitting in our Rhino kind of funny, asked around and did find the owners they were so happy to get him back.

Yes it is VERY SAD that people cant be responsible and pick up there own damn trash. Some of us DDR peeps went out to comp today and picked up 9 large trash bags full of trash people left out there after partying saturday night. Having a good time is one thing, but damn, pick up your own sh*t people. Also didnt think it was very cool people riding by as we were pickin up trash saying, thanks. would of been nice if they would of lended a hand or two!! Just my 02 cents!

My thoughts and prayers go out to the familys & friends who lost loved ones this weekend. Thats always a horrible thing.

Edited by Sincity_blondie

I just got back. It was a pretty fun weekend like always. The potluck was a hit as usual and LOTS of peeps showed up. It was a pretty fun shindig.

Riding was good Friday, then Saturday it was a bit too crowded and rutted. We got some good runs in though regardless. :thumb::blury:

I am glad noone in the group got hurt. The big weekends are so dangerous and full of a lot of irresponsible fools all pumped up on adrenaline not using their heads. :shake: Big weekends are fun for partying at comp at night :shoot: and to see all the different types of toys, but I am almost over these weekends. It hits home pretty hard actually seeing these accidents and the devastating outcomes of some of them. :( I'll post pics of the wrecked buggy soon (in another thread since I'm sure it will open up all kinds of discussion)

I would like to wish a HUGE thank you to each and everyone of you guys for: helping out stranded duners, chipping in for the potluck and hanging out, cleaning up the potluck aftermath, all of those that showed the support for the site and bought DDR shirts, the good peeps in our camp that helped clean up the rediculous amounts of trash at comp, and mostly for the good times. :dunno:

...and the biggest thank you of all goes out to Chad (Alligator P) for stepping up and selling the shirts for me. Thanks again Chad...it was much , much appreciated! :D

What a weekend! Just got home and am worked. I dont think the weather could have been better.

The potluck was awsome, not to mention huge! :blury: I dont think I have eaten so well in a long time! Who ever made that cheese sauce, please send us the recipe! :dunno:

Thanks for having us and thanks to Ynot for letting us camp with him and his family. We had a great time and are looking forward to the next DDR trip!

It was another good weekend hanging with you all, and meeting some more of the DDR Family. Had a great time out there, alot of people at the potluck and the food was great. Didn't get out there until Sat morning, missed the group ride, but went out when I unloaded. It was packed and riding was alot slower, the sand was choppy everywhere. Had a good time just hanging out with everyone and throwing back some beer. Sat night at Comp was unreal, I've never seen that many people out there, but it was a good time too. Went out on a little ride this morning before taking off, a few less people on the dunes but still tore up pretty bad, packed it up and headed home to beat traffic, and it wasn't to bad at all. Sorry I missed ya this morning Pete and anyone else when I took off. I'll get to work on the new vid and get something posted soon. Can't wait until the next trip, see you all there...Semper Fi, Woody :beercheers: