Halloween Weekend observations

trqjnky

This weekend was a blast! good times with good peeps and good food. had quite a few ddr peeps show up, and the crowd out there was insane. The sand was real rough and choppy so you had to follow the lines through the dunes or get the crap beat outta ya.

Observations of the weekend...

1. The green rockstars have alcohol in them, and i didnt realize untill it was too late.

2. "Bathtubs" hurt like heck, and petes somehow always there to get a picture of your humiliation

3. Always top off your tank before going out on a ride

4. chicken doesnt fly as well as burgers

5. 90 MPH passes through the whoops in ogp's rail rocks! (thanks for the ride)

6. Randogs car is Retardedly fast (thanks for the ride man!)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This weekend was a blast! good times with good peeps and good food. had quite a few ddr peeps show up, and the crowd out there was insane. The sand was real rough and choppy so you had to follow the lines through the dunes or get the crap beat outta ya.

Observations of the weekend...

1. The green rockstars have alcohol in them, and i didnt realize untill it was too late.

2. "Bathtubs" hurt like heck, and petes somehow always there to get a picture of your humiliation

3. Always top off your tank before going out on a ride

4. chicken doesnt fly as well as burgers

5. 90 MPH passes through the whoops in ogp's rail rocks! (thanks for the ride)

6. Randogs car is Retardedly fast (thanks for the ride man!)

HEY DAN YOU FORGOT ONE!

#7 DONT PLUG UP THE TOILET OF THE GUY WHO LETS YOU CRASH W/ HIM! :shoot: :dunno::blury:

Home safe sound soar tired and ready to do it again. was a great time dusty saturday evening no wind comp hill was like a old time cruise 4 or 5 streets deep. was very busy and the sand was tore up.

shreaded a tire on the hauler going up potisi at 75mph must have gone flat on the road. i had checked all the tires in camp before leaving :dunno: . no biggy pulled off and had the spare on in about 20 minutes. was just getting started back on the road when pete went by ( thanks for seeing i was on the way :blury: was a bad spot for anyone with a big rig to stop on the hill and no shoulder. ill be ready to for the next trip on the 10-11-12 nov. :shoot:

I had a great time this weekend meeting everyone that came over to get DDR shirts. I didn't get much riding in, but the rides I got to go on were good, lot's of chop and lot's of people. My buddy had a close one on Comp hill; he almost got ran over by a rail at the top. It was a close one! Another guy in our camp did an endo, went end over end coming down a pretty steep face across from Vendor row. We think he might have broken his leg.

Anyhow, I hope to see you guy's again, and Happy Halloween.

Edited by AlligatorP

had another bad weekend ...... my girl blew the head gasket on her quad 5 min into the first ride. i chunked a front tire on my rail, but my dad brought me one the next day. the new motor in my rail was doing good untill my mendeola 2d popped. i got no luck........

It was another good weekend hanging with you all, and meeting some more of the DDR Family. Had a great time out there, alot of people at the potluck and the food was great. Didn't get out there until Sat morning, missed the group ride, but went out when I unloaded. It was packed and riding was alot slower, the sand was choppy everywhere. Had a good time just hanging out with everyone and throwing back some beer. Sat night at Comp was unreal, I've never seen that many people out there, but it was a good time too. Went out on a little ride this morning before taking off, a few less people on the dunes but still tore up pretty bad, packed it up and headed home to beat traffic, and it wasn't to bad at all. Sorry I missed ya this morning Pete and anyone else when I took off. I'll get to work on the new vid and get something posted soon. Can't wait until the next trip, see you all there...Semper Fi, Woody :beercheers:

i got skillz......... carved that pumpkin ( i said pump kin ) between rides and didnt cut myself :grin:

That was aweome, Steve! :undecided:

S2010049~2.JPG

Some of my observations....

-chile and queso make awesome chili cheese burgers :beercheers::laughing: :fart:

-DDR group rides rock!

-racenjasen needs to keep his beers in his cooler, not his underwear :laughoff:

-Chicken breasts make giant dust clouds when they land in camp :shake:

-stanky a$$ C12 gas still works great for Sobe's

-dnchevyman and racnjasen can find teh same witches eye/ hole in the dunes on a ride :idiot:

-Jager Man's name is way too fitting :drunk::banghead:

-Rhino King CAN actually jump his Rhino...even on a dirtbike jump :pissed:

-Midnight brings a skateboard to the dunes for some reason :dunno::laughoff:

-My Raptor can jump start my toyhauler generator :shake:

-Eddie never learns to not pass out around the fire :idiot:

-The DMax dune-limo dunes awesome...even towing Joe Duner's rail :banghead:

-BaBert's giant halogen light comes in handy for way-later-than-planned potlucks :blury:

-rockinlvhottie..."ghetto" :laughoff:

-lindernglamis' dog can make some funny a$$ noises :laughing:

I hit one witches eye the whole weekend and crush myself on the tank, and what a coincidence, petes right there with the camera!

other observations..

the skull in the ranger, good stuff!

VIVA LA MULLET!!

comp was insane sat. night.

petes truck is a multifuntion vehicle,including towtruck, trashtruck, and dunebuggy

post-606-1162187266.jpg

Observations

1) DDR camp is getting bigger and bigger. :beercheers:

2) Potlucks will make you FAT! (mmmmmmmmm cake)

3) Cold showers SUCK!

4) We need some MY NAME IS name tags.

5) Veterans Day weekend can't get here soon enough.

I def agree with #4 Name tags would be great. Real names and DDR names.

This was my first camping experiance with DDR.

I had a good time, I met a few people.

Pot luck was way cool. Wish I could have acutally met more of you all.

even though i was at amargossa....

1. someone that weighs 100 lbs. lighter than you with a slower bike CAN beat you up comp hill

2. Girl With Horns like to have oil sprayed on her....... :thumbsdown:

3. Some Really FAT guys look like REALLY FAT girls some times( " Damn thats a big B@#ch........oh that's a man") :redhat:

4. Polaris trial bikes are REALLY heavy to get unstuck....

5. oh yea, and last of all, I WASNT AT DUMONT AGAIN :beercheers:

Hello DDR! I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that made us feel so welcome in camp. Everyone that we met was so nice. The potluck was full of such good food. Mike the shipwrecks were yummie! I agree with Don though we do need nametags. Maybe DDR shirts or hats with our names/screen names?? I hope to meet more of you over Thanksgiving. I am sooo sorry to hear about the sandrail accident. My thoughts and prayers go out to their family and friends. Thanks again! You guys are great. DDR Rocks!!

P.S.

Pete, thanks helping get us settled in camp. Driving in circles was kindof embarrassing. :P

Hello DDR! I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that made us feel so welcome in camp. Everyone that we met was so nice. The potluck was full of such good food. Mike the shipwrecks were yummie! I agree with Don though we do need nametags. Maybe DDR shirts or hats with our names/screen names?? I hope to meet more of you over Thanksgiving. I am sooo sorry to hear about the sandrail accident. My thoughts and prayers go out to their family and friends. Thanks again! You guys are great. DDR Rocks!!

P.S.

Pete, thanks helping get us settled in camp. Driving in circles was kindof embarrassing. :P

No problem, Michelle. I kinda figured you guys were SOMEONE from DDR. :thumbsdown:

As for the name tags, yes they would help :redhat: , but sometimes everyone just simply needs to introduce themselves. :beercheers:

It was my first time to Dumont.

I had a great time. Before Dumont, the only sand I had ridden was at Pismo. Holy S**T was my first thoughts when I went up the big dunes and turned around to realize that I had to drive back down!

The trip was full of craziness. My friend broke his back when he was on the top of comp hill in 5 gear pinned riding the face. He was riding from right to left and went off the edge of witches eye (sp?) and cased it right into the other side. He compressed his spine and broke his 5th vertabrae.

My toys all broke.

On the way down the computer on my truck decided to freak out about 30 mins into my 10 hour drive. Thankfully I pulled the battery cable off for 10 mins and it worked fine after that. My buggy needed a new starter after the first ride out, then the front tire came off the bead and sand got inside the rim so it never sealed back up.

My quad's throttle cable broke after 2 days and the freakn vendors were all sold out.

The water heater quit on my new trailer, so cold showers were on order.

It was all worth it though. What a great place! Next time I'll go Monday through Saturday and leave early Saturday morning. When we arrived on Wednesday there were half a dozen camp sites and the sand was smooth as a babies bottom. That was my favorite time to ride.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the lost duners. It's so sad.

-Nick

www.burgerrdiers.com

It was my first time to Dumont.

I had a great time. Before Dumont, the only sand I had ridden was at Pismo. Holy S**T was my first thoughts when I went up the big dunes and turned around to realize that I had to drive back down!

The trip was full of craziness. My friend broke his back when he was on the top of comp hill in 5 gear pinned riding the face. He was riding from right to left and went off the edge of witches eye (sp?) and cased it right into the other side. He compressed his spine and broke his 5th vertabrae.

My toys all broke.

On the way down the computer on my truck decided to freak out about 30 mins into my 10 hour drive. Thankfully I pulled the battery cable off for 10 mins and it worked fine after that. My buggy needed a new starter after the first ride out, then the front tire came off the bead and sand got inside the rim so it never sealed back up.

My quad's throttle cable broke after 2 days and the freakn vendors were all sold out.

The water heater quit on my new trailer, so cold showers were on order.

It was all worth it though. What a great place! Next time I'll go Monday through Saturday and leave early Saturday morning. When we arrived on Wednesday there were half a dozen camp sites and the sand was smooth as a babies bottom. That was my favorite time to ride.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the lost duners. It's so sad.

-Nick

www.burgerrdiers.com

Wow, sorry to hear about all the broken stuff, including your friend. :( I hope he recovers ok.

By the way, welcome to the forum. :beercheers:

even though i was at amargossa....

1. someone that weighs 100 lbs. lighter than you with a slower bike CAN beat you up comp hill

2. Girl With Horns like to have oil sprayed on her....... :finger:

3. Some Really FAT guys look like REALLY FAT girls some times( " Damn thats a big B@#ch........oh that's a man") :finger:

4. Polaris trial bikes are REALLY heavy to get unstuck....

5. oh yea, and last of all, I WASNT AT DUMONT AGAIN :beercheers:

it was only a little bit of oil :D

HAHAHAHAHAHA :thumbsdown: :redhat: :redhat: that was the funniest thing ive ever seen in my life.

petes truck is a multifuntion vehicle,including towtruck, trashtruck, and dunebuggy

Just because i wasnt there doesnt mean that the 1/4 ton has been replaced... That truck has soooo many more usefull purposes than that one ton.. LOL

Trophy Truck,

Beer Ambulance,

Trash Truck,

Tow Truck,

Mobile North pole repair truck,

South pole installation truck ( both of those were in the same trip but still LOL )

His truck aint got sh*t on the 1/4 ton except about 550ft lb of torque.. lOL

Just because i wasnt there doesnt mean that the 1/4 ton has been replaced... That truck has soooo many more usefull purposes than that one ton.. LOL

Trophy Truck,

Beer Ambulance,

Trash Truck,

Tow Truck,

Mobile North pole repair truck,

South pole installation truck ( both of those were in the same trip but still LOL )

His truck aint got sh*t on the 1/4 ton except about 550ft lb of torque.. lOL

:redhat:

Hey, but I do have one up on you!.......Sandrail recovery vehicle! :finger: With or without a trailer behind me too. :thumbsdown: The Dmax did badass this weekend. That thing goes anywhere.....even with a long travel car or trailer strapped to the back of it! :beercheers: :redhat: Jon and I were even talking about your Robbie Gordon trophy truck incident as we were mobbing it through the whoops on the back stretch WITH JoeDuner hooked up behind us. :finger: We can do it too! :finger:

S2010031~3.JPG

S2010030~2.JPG

Me too...I kept looking at the finger dune Saturday expecting you to come cruising down it into camp! :redhat: :thumbsdown:

From what i read that would have been impossible... the 1/4 Ton probably would have got hung up on a 1/2" piece of rebar that staked the top fo the finger dune... I would have done my best to take it out though. :beercheers: This is what i think about rebar :redhat: