Halloween Weekend observations

trqjnky

:redhat:

Hey, but I do have one up on you!.......Sandrail recovery vehicle! :finger: With or without a trailer behind me too. :thumbsdown: The Dmax did badass this weekend. That thing goes anywhere.....even with a long travel car or trailer strapped to the back of it! :beercheers: :redhat: Jon and I were even talking about your Robbie Gordon trophy truck incident as we were mobbing it through the whoops on the back stretch WITH JoeDuner hooked up behind us. :finger: We can do it too! :finger:

S2010031~3.JPG

S2010030~2.JPG

from sitting at the north pole watin for ya we saw you down the road tryin to set the land speed record in the sand..oo and sat night i had to go get my dad from comp hill in my 1/4 ton..the tranny wouldnt shift into gear

Edited by fctryblack84

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, sorry to hear about all the broken stuff, including your friend. :( I hope he recovers ok.

By the way, welcome to the forum. :beercheers:

My friend is fine. He's out of work for 6 weeks... and has some numbness in his left leg from swolen stuff pushing on his spine. He'll live.

His new Nick Name is "Broke Back Marc"

from sitting at the north pole watin for ya we saw you down the road tryin to set the land speed record in the sand..oo and sat night i had to go get my dad from comp hill in my 1/4 ton..the tranny wouldnt shift into gear

Sounds like that fancy vaccum accuator took a dump in yours..

I had a great time this weekend meeting everyone that came over to get DDR shirts. I didn't get much riding in, but the rides I got to go on were good, lot's of chop and lot's of people. My buddy had a close one on Comp hill; he almost got ran over by a rail at the top. It was a close one! Another guy in our camp did an endo, went end over end coming down a pretty steep face across from Vendor row. We think he might have broken his leg.

Anyhow, I hope to see you guy's again, and Happy Halloween.

Thanks for the support Chad nice talking with you this weekend, plus the shirts

This weekend was a blast! good times with good peeps and good food. had quite a few ddr peeps show up, and the crowd out there was insane. The sand was real rough and choppy so you had to follow the lines through the dunes or get the crap beat outta ya.

Observations of the weekend...

1. The green rockstars have alcohol in them, and i didnt realize untill it was too late.

:dunno:

My son came up to me and asked me if he could have a rockstar becuase that was all they had left.. LOL : For those of you that dont know, he is 9............

Of course I bought into it not knowing. :laughoff::laughoff:

He drank some of it! :laughoff:

And he was an angel after that! :laughoff:

I had no clue there was alcohol in it either! Honest officer! :ninja:

I should have known better as he probably did before he asked me. :blink: I just figured it was some new energy drink or somthing. I will never hear the end of it from the wife... :think:

Edited by scott

1. i learned that Chris1223 has a wine glass in the dunes, a limited vocabulary...consisting of "NO!"

2. Iam still faster than dnchevyman...all dynod out and all

3. Pete's rail is hella fast....untill the spindle breaks

4. the DDR Crew does not get up at 5am like i do to go ride

5. my helmet cam dosent record

6. Pete wants to buy my bike now....5K and the mini rail and its yours..oh yeah i need a spindle too.

7. Sand does not taste good no matter what rail your in...(pete)

8. tow straps are not steering devices

speaking of tow jobs my buddy took off from the pole and blew a cv .so we got the jeep and started towing him back. then suddenly we were near comp my other buddie decides to veer over and parade him up and down the isles in front of everyone. :laughoff: of course i didnt do anything but sit behind him rev the motor and laugh :laughoff: then for good measure they drug him down vendors row before dragging him into camp :laughoff:

speaking of tow jobs my buddy took off from the pole and blew a cv .so we got the jeep and started towing him back. then suddenly we were near comp my other buddie decides to veer over and parade him up and down the isles in front of everyone. :laughoff: of course i didnt do anything but sit behind him rev the motor and laugh :laughoff: then for good measure they drug him down vendors row before dragging him into camp :laughoff:

I WAS gonna do that when I was towing Joe Duner back from the nroth pole as well, but I only made one pass close to everyone at the back of the pack of people. I just couldn't do it! We got some laughs as it was already anyhow. :laughoff:

It would go into gear....just didn't sound right. I moved it at least 50 yds....I just didn't want to create anymore damage. Thanks for the tow. You're still not allowed to Robby Gordon you're 1/4 ton though!!! :laugoff:

My observations:

1. Midnights' buddy is part bloodhound. Nice job finding that trailer pin someone lost.

2. My rail doesn't do to bad towing back a similar size rail.

3. My dog DOES have a foot fetish. WTF?

4. Throttle thumb sucks! (I switched to a quad after the rail broke) :thumbsdown: Big guy on a blaster. Poor bike.

5. People don't know how to sucure their loads.....too much trash on the road! :blury:

6. According to NHP my 25' trailer weight says I need a "J" endorsement!

7. Don isn't pregnant....it's was only his dog Chico!!! :dunno:

8. For some reason I kept looking for Nick on the fingers too........

I WAS gonna do that when I was towing Joe Duner back from the nroth pole as well, but I only made one pass close to everyone at the back of the pack of people. I just couldn't do it! We got some laughs as it was already anyhow. :dunno:

you should have that was some funny sh*t right there :blury: <<< that will teach my buddy not to be a cheap skate and use 930 axels :grin::thumbsdown:

meandjamesrides.jpg

the red one got paraded :finger:

you should have that was some funny sh*t right there :dunno: <<< that will teach my buddy not to be a cheap skate and use 930 axels :blury::thumbsdown:

and this guy is the earplug bandit from the meet and greet thread lol

post-1340-1162337469.jpg

Edited by bearfoot bob

hmmm where do I start? lol

1. DONT EVER go to powerhouse to dyno tune your quad the day before you leave to dumont... or actually EVER for that matter.

2. Always keep backup Amsoil wherever u go (Thanks guys for checking for me!)

3. If u ride on a quad that has jumper cables on the grab bar, then u might not ever want to turn the quad off.. (It just might not start again) :shocked2: (Thanks For The Jump Pete!)

4. bring extra ice or u might be forking over 4.00 for a tiny bag of ice :(

5. Dont ever sleep with a tent door open if u dont want to wake up with a mouth full of sand.

6. getting plastered on J.D. and then riding in the back of a buddy's truck over the whoops.. just dont go great together the next day

7. Im known as the Mustang Girl at the DDR camp... lol

8. everybody at the ddr camp kicks a$$ and I cant wait till thanksgiving!!!!

hmmm where do I start? lol

1. DONT EVER go to powerhouse to dyno tune your quad the day before you leave to dumont... or actually EVER for that matter.

2. Always keep backup Amsoil wherever u go (Thanks guys for checking for me!)

3. If u ride on a quad that has jumper cables on the grab bar, then u might not ever want to turn the quad off.. (It just might not start again) :shocked2: (Thanks For The Jump Pete!)

4. bring extra ice or u might be forking over 4.00 for a tiny bag of ice :(

5. Dont ever sleep with a tent door open if u dont want to wake up with a mouth full of sand.

6. getting plastered on J.D. and then riding in the back of a buddy's truck over the whoops.. just dont go great together the next day

7. Im known as the Mustang Girl at the DDR camp... lol

8. everybody at the ddr camp kicks a$$ and I cant wait till thanksgiving!!!!

What's that all about? :woo_hoo:

Looks like a nice Ricochet!!

its a richoshit as he calls it ............. :D it is a very nice car if you noticed he added pillars on the sides of his there is also more bracing in the back than stock.

Edited by bearfoot bob

yea, whats that all about, They work on ALL of my quads, and never had any problems with mine....

Mabie we just got unlucky. I dunno. but We just dont think it was a coincidence that they all went to get their quads tuned, not just a good friend of ours, but also somebody that we met out at dumont had the same problem. :beercheers:

If it works for everybody else, then more power... I guess it just wasnt our lucky day then sorry to put them on blast, just upset

Mabie we just got unlucky. I dunno. but We just dont think it was a coincidence that they all went to get their quads tuned, not just a good friend of ours, but also somebody that we met out at dumont had the same problem. :beercheers:

If it works for everybody else, then more power... I guess it just wasnt our lucky day then sorry to put them on blast, just upset

Sorry to hear that you had problems , but you may want to see what happend to your motor , before

pointing fingers ! the yfz was the only bike done just before halloween ...