sandrail crash

dunefreak

Hey Original Pimp, you need to get off your high horse and wake up to reality...you got quite a hard head and that may help you in a wreck when that roll bar hits your head...but for the rest of us, we dont have a hard head like you...if that roll bar hits your head you are dead...thats the bottom line...if we shouldnt have to wear helmets in buggies, why do we have to wear them on four-wheelers...because we dont have a roll bar to protect us that wont protect your a$$ anyways from the metal that comes down crashing on your head...you need a mandatory helmet law if you are not going to use your head and think you are invincible and untouchable...dont be a smart a$$ because this is an issue that could cause the dunes to be closed...too many injuries in buggies because of their size, people not wearing helmets, and thinking the buggy is never going to crash because it is a long travel and i can jump the dunes at 100 without knowing whats on the other side.

So you dont need a law saying what i should and shouldnt do...so we dont need traffic lights, speed limits, i can go around and rob people, hold people hostage and so on and so forth...YOU NEED TO WAKE UP...there are laws telling you what to do for a reason....to save and protect your life...but you continue to think you are so cool and you are above the laws and you dont need laws telling you what to do...that is your choice, but for the others that want to be safe and stay alive, and have these dunes to ride, then we need to have helmet laws in buggies....until then, we run the risk of being shut down...so "original pimp" you are quite original, but not in a smart or good way :bawl:

Actually in UTAH you don't have to wear a helmet on a quad. Germany doesn't have speed limits and things seem to work great there( I lived there), so what do you have to say about that.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey sanddunesaddict...i wouldnt go there...you are right, it is your choice...to die...if you wanna die, go ahead what the hell do i care..one less idiot in the sand dunes...no i dont wear a helmet in my truck, but i also dont go up 600 foot sand dunes at 60-70 mph, my truck is safer than a dune buggy, and there are traffic rules to add to your safety during everyday driving...i dont know how long you been riding or thinking, but you need to start using your head too...im sure you are one of those people that think their sh*t doesnt stink, you are never going to get in an accident, and you drive by people's camps at 50 popping wheelies thinking you are cool and boosting your ego.

if you can do whatever you want, why is there a law to wear helmets on quads and dirtbikes? just bc a buggy has roll cage that is going to protect your dome every time...i dont think so...like i said, do what you want, but to protect other riders, yourself, and the dunes, we all need to wear helmets...it must be an ego thing to drive around in your buggy with the wind through your hair just like idiots that ride motorcycles in arizona and utah without helmets...its so cool to not wear a helmet and let the wind hit your face...that is until the pavement or roll bar crushes your skull :bawl:

With 2 posts on this site, I wouldn't go where you are going :laughing:

Actually in UTAH you don't have to wear a helmet on a quad. Germany doesn't have speed limits and things seem to work great there( I lived there), so what do you have to say about that.

yea i know they dont have to wear helmets in UT...UT laws dont conform to the norm...germany may not have speed limits, but their accidents are more tragic than U.S.'s accidents...there is a report indicating that per capita there are more fatal accidents....what do you have to say to that...there are rules for reasons..for your safety...if you dont want to abide by them or think you are too cool for them, then we are all going to suffer...the dunes will be shut down because of deaths, injuries, and a damn lizard

With 2 posts on this site, I wouldn't go where you are going :bawl:

just becuase i have two posts doesnt mean sh*t...i have been riding longer than you and going to dumont longer than you...i can ride better than you and have been racing for years....why do you think the NHRA have safety rules...we need safety rules to save more lives...your ego will have to be put on the back burner for the safety of others...is that okay? so shut your mouth before you know what you are talking about

I would like to formally invite you to a DDR potluck so Bert can explain reality to you.

joe duner, you are too cool for me....is that a threat, lawyers hate those...im done with you guys...your egos are too big to change

Hey sanddunesaddict...i wouldnt go there...you are right, it is your choice...to die...if you wanna die, go ahead what the hell do i care..one less idiot in the sand dunes...no i dont wear a helmet in my truck, but i also dont go up 600 foot sand dunes at 60-70 mph, my truck is safer than a dune buggy, and there are traffic rules to add to your safety during everyday driving...i dont know how long you been riding or thinking, but you need to start using your head too...im sure you are one of those people that think their sh*t doesnt stink, you are never going to get in an accident, and you drive by people's camps at 50 popping wheelies thinking you are cool and boosting your ego.

if you can do whatever you want, why is there a law to wear helmets on quads and dirtbikes? just bc a buggy has roll cage that is going to protect your dome every time...i dont think so...like i said, do what you want, but to protect other riders, yourself, and the dunes, we all need to wear helmets...it must be an ego thing to drive around in your buggy with the wind through your hair just like idiots that ride motorcycles in arizona and utah without helmets...its so cool to not wear a helmet and let the wind hit your face...that is until the pavement or roll bar crushes your skull :bawl:

I think this is a case of mommy and daddy didnt let Spider expierence life at a young age.He had to many rules

There is a law for mc and atvs because a-holes in washington think they are god and want to tell people what to do.

I can probably guarantee Ive been going to the dunes alot longer than you.

So ive seen morons like you come and go,so.......get lost already!!

Edited by sanddunesaddict

I think this is a case of mommy and daddy didnt let Spider expierence life at a young age.He had to many rules

There is a law for mc and atvs because a-holes in washington think they are god and want to tell people what to do.

I can probably guarantee Ive been going to the dunes alot longer than you.

So ive seen morons like you come and go,so.......get lost already!!

trust me ive experienced more things in life than most people have in three lifetimes...somehow i doubt you have been going as long as me because you act like you just bought your buggy or atv yesterday...keep riding without a helmet and risk death...its your choice, but there should be rules for your safety and for those who care about their safety..guess you dont really care huh?

nope dont work for osha, but do have a law degree so dont talk about aholes in washington until you know the laws... a state has to follow federal law at a minimum becasue that is the supreme law of the land...there is no federal law regarding helmets so CA, NV, etc. have decided to add the requirement of a helmet law for YOURS and other's safety...that is why we have them...whats the point in having any law then? screw it, the U.S. can just be chaos and we can go around robbing and shooting people because why do we need laws???????? like i said, do what you want, i dont care, i was just wondering if the decedents were wearing helmets

Who said I dont wear a helmet???

I always do

We dont need a law that will do nothing but tie the rangers up even more for stupid sh*t instead of getting your proclaimed people that" are one of those people that think their sh*t doesnt stink, you are never going to get in an accident, and you drive by people's camps at 50 popping wheelies thinking you are cool and boosting your ego."

But rangers cant bust people for this because they are to busy with stupid sh*t!

hey big ben of the pittsburgh steelers head is sooo big he dont need a helmet he survived his crash!!! when its your turn,,its your turn,,and it wasnt big bens turn!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laughing:

post-238-1162449581.jpg

Edited by rhino king

Who said I dont wear a helmet???

I always do

We dont need a law that will do nothing but tie the rangers up even more for stupid sh*t instead of getting your proclaimed people that" are one of those people that think their sh*t doesnt stink, you are never going to get in an accident, and you drive by people's camps at 50 popping wheelies thinking you are cool and boosting your ego."

But rangers cant bust people for this because they are to busy with stupid sh*t!

never said you didnt wear a helmet...at least i dont think i did...do you wear a helmet in your buggy..i was out at dumont on halloween and i saw literally five people wearing helmets in buggies all weekend...it just is flabbergasting...i wish the rangers would bust people for that stuff, but it doesnt seem like they do anything....they just drive around in their chevy tahoes....i get tired of people bombing through people's camps...throwing a roost and showing off....you have acres of dunes to do that, why do people feel the need to do it by people's camps..but the rangers never ever stop people from doing that..there is a speed limit by camps but no one (i do however out of respect) ever obeys it and the rangers do not enforce it, so the point is mute.... :bawl:

hey big ben of the pittsburgh steelers head is sooo big he dont need a helmet he survived his crash!!! when its your turn,,its your turn,,and it wasnt big bens turn!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bawl:

true that it is your time when its your time, but it sure did take him from superbowl qb to suckin a$$

never said you didnt wear a helmet...at least i dont think i did...do you wear a helmet in your buggy..i was out at dumont on halloween and i saw literally five people wearing helmets in buggies all weekend...it just is flabbergasting...i wish the rangers would bust people for that stuff, but it doesnt seem like they do anything....they just drive around in their chevy tahoes....i get tired of people bombing through people's camps...throwing a roost and showing off....you have acres of dunes to do that, why do people feel the need to do it by people's camps..but the rangers never ever stop people from doing that..there is a speed limit by camps but no one (i do however out of respect) ever obeys it and the rangers do not enforce it, so the point is mute.... :bawl:

You post like youre in the Sierra Club.

Well I came here to read more about what happened to the 2 poor unfortunate people who lost their lives this last weekend. I can only hope that the families don't read some of these posts. Not that many of you don't have great points to discuss. I just don't think right now in this particular area is the best time or place for the debates or discussions into fault or stability. I will be sending a note to the family that I don't know and share my condolences not here among the debates. It is just was it is a very unfortunate accident. Live and learn, know your surroundings, life is a gift. Everybody is here because we love duning our views are different just accept that. Sorry I am doing what everyone else is doing(my.02) Just think before you bash others right at this moment just for having a different perspective this is a sad time do your research and debating in a different post.

Rest in peace Harry and Phil

Edited by tarabull

It was a very unfortunate indicident that has definitely shook the Dumont community. Some of these posts have been made "invisible" due to violation of our rules for this board. We at DDR apologize to any of the friends or family of Harry and Phil for some of these posts that continue to question the car's structural integrity. Whether the car was safe or not, it doesn't matter at this point. We have lost two fellow duners and that is truly a tradegy. We only hope this horrible crash will possibly help people be more safe in the dunes and try and take further safety measures.

We will keep the friends and families of Harry and Phil in our thoughts and prayers.

This topic will remain locked due to the never ending arguement about cage safety. We are all about safety in the dunes, but if you want to agrue about it, try another forum. We like to keep things friendly around here. Arguing and name calling won't be tolerated.

(If you would like to send your condolences, you can do it here.)

-Pete