3 fatalities? wtf?

I heard there were 3 fatalities @ dumont over the weekend. is that true??? what the fug was going on out there??? must have been amatuer night @ comp hill or something.

if this is true, that is sad, and a huge blow to what we do, as you know that if it is true, it will be used against ALL OF US.

I can see it now, more rangers, more fees :rolleyes: .............

there was 1 confirmed fatality over the weekend. Sat night a 21 year old male suffered fatal injuries as a result as solo quad crash. 1 other was airlifted in critical condition as a result of a sobe bomb explosion gone wrong. all in all, it was a bloodbath with a total of about 10 airlifts total....

there was 1 confirmed fatality over the weekend. Sat night a 21 year old male suffered fatal injuries as a result as solo quad crash. 1 other was airlifted in critical condition as a result of a sobe bomb explosion gone wrong. all in all, it was a bloodbath with a total of about 10 airlifts total....

Read the dates on these posts. This was in reference to Halloween weekend. :rolleyes:

I feel for the other families who lost loved ones. i lost my couzin and it wasnt fun but i see alot of people worried about dumont getting shut down or how people died in drunk accidents or collisions... Alot of you were right, accidents just happen, my couzin overshot the landing and landed on the front tires, hit his head and died, he was wearing his helmet but you cant prevent head trauma.... Yes the accident has left me devastated but im not going to stop riding and doing what i love most because we accept the risk that their are accidents involved. My couzin would have wanted me and everyone else for that matter to keep on riding. Just be safe everyone and you should have a grea time!

it seems that just in the last few years we have been hearing and seeing more and more accidents duning from all the new people getting into the sport. alot dont have a clue how to ride out there. seems like a good opportunity for someone to open up a little duning 101 school for newbies. i think it would work. you could get eveyone to sign up and set up a date on an off weekend. it could be a combination ddr camp and school. i dont know how liability issues would work but someone savvy could pull it off. just a thought. :D

it is a shame no matter what, wether you die on the way to work, sittin at your dest, shaggin your wife or ridin the dunes. but it does happen, accidents happen alot,

I have been hurt several times out there, both accidents, been knocked out once..(apparently iam known as the Seth Enslow of Dumont) but If i were to die out there, i wouldnt want anyone to stop doing what they love, if anything go on a group ride for me.

now the knuckleheads out there that want to drink and ride, and put some one elses life at risk should be dealth with accordingly. and if that means that you take yourself out of the gene pool because of your stupidity to drink and ride, well thats up to you, just dont take someone else out with you.

RIP to all that have passed!

my whole point when I started this thread was that don't think that these fatalities are not being calculated somewhere to be used in the future for attemepting to close down some riding areas. it may not be dumont, then again.....????????

Notice there was no media coverage of DDR picking up trash @ comp hill??? where is THAT footage???