Treasure Trunk or Treat - Oct 28th 2017

JeepingJay36

Are you ready for Saturday nights Treasure Trunk or Treat???

Are you going to have what it takes to walk away with one of these commemorative plaques???

Come out and join us Saturday night and make this event one for the record books!

I want to see the entire rock pile surrounded, several rows deep, with all of YOUR rides lit up and hopefully dressed to impress! Remember with The Friends of Dumont Dunes it's all about building the community with safety and education! Help us to make this event a success by participating so we can continue to host additional events all season long!

Don't forget to bring plenty of candy to pass out to all of the kids who will be trick or treating during this event!

59f149fd611a9_DumontTrunkorTreatPlaques.thumb.jpg.f8a83c0b6a96bd17cfb16a94a81aeca2.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you!! We thought it was a good idea. The kids really enjoyed it. It made trick or treating easier by having it in one location. Seemed like there was a good amount of participation.  Hopefully it will become a tradition. 

Yeah I thought it was pretty damn cool. Big props to @JeepingJay36

Here's a quick video posted to our FB page of some of the fun. It was really cool how all of the decorated vehicles and trailers showed up in one spot especially for the kids. Not all kids go to comp at night so this was like their own little Halloween Dumont party. The excitement level was high over there. Lots of smiles all around.   

I also thought it was super cool of Howard, Walter (@b370) and all of their friends in camp to bring out all 3 of their RZR creations. That would be the Star Wars car, Flintstones-mobile, and the Kia hampster car. That took a bunch of effort to pull off and I think everyone really loved seeing them again.

Dumont Halloween 2017

Dumont Halloween 2017

Dumont Halloween 2017

• Like 1

I think that that big camp that completely took over bathroom #4 and part of Vendor Row maybe didn't help the space that they wanted to use. I was under the understanding that unless you were a vendor, you couldn't camp on Vendor Row and take over an entire bathroom. But that is an entire other issue...

I heard a bunch of good things and it was a first time event, you can't expect perfect. Maybe next year,  come in a bit early in the week and rope off that area off, by bathroom #4, for a designated area? With plenty of place to park vehicles. You could do a vehicle parade down Vendor Row after the trunk or treat part? I think it's a great idea @JeepingJay36 thank you for all your effort in putting this together. 

Jason, let me know if you want any help putting anything together next year. Or for other events. Now that I'm not committed to Vendor Row, I would be happy to help any way I can. I used to help with the Clean Up and Poker Run events all the time.

Edited by sand chick
  • Like 1

Maybe they were friends with the people that staked and taped off the 2nd finger dune, all the way to the top. I stopped and asked the guy while he was taping it off if he could move it down a bit, it's going to cause an accident and potentially another little kid to get ran over. He told me, "you have all those other f*ucking dunes to ride." Really wasn't the point but ok..

Also another issue that will never get resolved.

I think a parade down vender row is a cool idea! 

I usually camp just to the South of the Rock Mound

That big group at bathroom 4 has gotten bigger and bigger each year:dayum:

After reading posts about the Trunk R Treat we intentionally stayed away from the Rock Mound

I was surprised to see it wasn't roped off.  Something to consider next year.

We did putt-putt by and it looked like everyone was having a great time

and that is what matters...  and that nobody was ran over...

Props to all of you that go all out each year for Dumonts Halloween...

IrnBear

17 hours ago, DuNe~Rydher said:

Maybe they were friends with the people that staked and taped off the 2nd finger dune, all the way to the top. I stopped and asked the guy while he was taping it off if he could move it down a bit, it's going to cause an accident and potentially another little kid to get ran over. He told me, "you have all those other f*ucking dunes to ride." Really wasn't the point but ok..

Also another issue that will never get resolved.

I think a parade down vender row is a cool idea! 

That guy sounded like a real classy dude....NOT.

Thanks for at least asking politely and trying, too many folks don't say anything at all.

• Like 2

So I built the pink monster the weekend before Halloween and one for my sister the day of Trunk to treat ....

I have next years theme, and a lot of time to make it happen ... Game On Kia,Flintstone,Star wars and soon Scooby doo !

485A716C-DB19-445A-B727-072C447B333A.jpeg

0389E205-4C29-4CA2-A69C-256F2424A7EA.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1