Halloween 2018

gigglinbanshee

In the middle of getting everything ready and the RV blew a hydraulic line for the levelers. (Of course)

ElCheapo factory hydraulic lines. The line popped off at the crimp, hydraulic oil all over the place. 3 bags of cat litter worth of oil.

My own fault for waiting till a couple weekends to go.

Dammit!

• Wow 1

8 minutes ago, SandDuneSam said:

Hope to be there. There is one problem though, our sand rail is too big for our trailer. We’ll have to figure out something because I would really like to go.

Rent a Uhaul car hauler....

Edited by IrnBear

1 hour ago, DuNe~Rydher said:

Going to be a warm one......again.

Yeah I thought with these fairly chilly mornings lately we'd finally have cool weather for Halloween. Nope! Looks like highs in the mid-eighties. Should be nice though. Anna hates the cold so she'll be happy. haha 

On 10/17/2018 at 12:57 PM, dunefreak said:

No I think he just finished it. There's a build thread in sandrail talk. I'm not sure he's had it out yet. 👍

We have had it out to the dunes at New Years, and it ran very lean and the radiator was undersized so we didnt get much riding, we got the car tuned at CBM and we put a new bigger radiator then took it to pismo. It was very fun but we realized the rear suspension was too stiff, and our rear tires were too tall so the car wouldn’t slide very well. We need to fix that and hope to go to the dunes for thanksgiving to really test it.

Only a few days to go.

Glad it's going to be warm, not a fan of cold weather. I remember several years ago it was downright hot for Halloween. Had to run the RV A/C for the dogs it was so warm. Loved it!

The next couple days will be very busy. Gotta wash the summer dust off the RV (I dunno why, it'll be trashed by the time we drive in the entrance road lol!) Cut a crapload of firewood, ect.

One thing that works well at comp at night? Duraflame logs. Easy to light and two or three at the same time makes a pretty good blaze that lasts a couple hours and they burn up to nothing so they don't leave a mess for the next morning. The ashes just blow away.

I also really like our propane campfire. Nice for some warmth and light and no one get's smoked out. 

The cat will be joining us. She is diabetic and needs insulin shots twice a day. What we don't do for our pets, you know?

I'm really hoping we all have fun with no breakdowns and no one get's hurt.

Our new RV (early spring)

14bl0z.jpg

• Like 3