What's new for you next season?

dunefreak

I know alot of us do summer mods, sell and buy new toys, and even switch up our entire setup. So what's everyone plan for next season? Post up what's new to you. 

No new toys for us. We'll still be rocking the same truck, trailer, and buggy. :rockon:

IMG_20160422_182135103_HDR.jpg

I know for us, especially since we've built our Sprinter van, I learned a lot in the meantime about batteries and charging systems. I plan on adding some solar and a couple more batteries to the toyhauler. No more dead batteries after a long night of running the heater! A little Honda generator is probably at the top of our list too. Been meaning to buy one for years.

The ole 05 Dmax is almost a classic at this point. :laughing: but it still pulls hard and drives like a new truck. The only thing it needs is maybe some new shocks and it's good to go. :driver:

As for the buggy, I say it every season, but I'm adding power steering this year damn it. I really want to get this done this fall. I'd also like to get the suspension recharged and dialed in some more. If anyone has a tuning guy please send me their info. But other than that, I just want to get back out there and do the same thing I have been doing for years- chillen with friends and shredding some smooth sand. It's been a long, nasty summer so far and I can't wait for some cool weather. 

Putting on new sheet metal intake got some powder coating on the new wheels and intake taking to Alper’s tomorrow who know what else I may do. Added the car to car finally, getting the Vegas Strong wrap done soon and adding a skid plate to cover my harmonic balancer so when it looks to the sky I won’t mess up the balancer and break another belt again 

4EDB389E-102F-46AC-A316-A79A2AD05E87.jpeg

9DF8EA27-4D27-41DC-90DB-AC069127006E.jpeg

B18A648E-E1FE-4AC0-A27F-A2C35F4F6238.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2018 at 9:05 PM, dunefreak said:

I know alot of us do summer mods, sell and buy new toys, and even switch up our entire setup. So what's everyone plan for next season? Post up what's new to you. 

No new toys for us. We'll still be rocking the same truck, trailer, and buggy. :rockon:

IMG_20160422_182135103_HDR.jpg

I know for us, especially since we've built our Sprinter van, I learned a lot in the meantime about batteries and charging systems. I plan on adding some solar and a couple more batteries to the toyhauler. No more dead batteries after a long night of running the heater! A little Honda generator is probably at the top of our list too. Been meaning to buy one for years.

The ole 05 Dmax is almost a classic at this point. :laughing: but it still pulls hard and drives like a new truck. The only thing it needs is maybe some new shocks and it's good to go. :driver:

As for the buggy, I say it every season, but I'm adding power steering this year damn it. I really want to get this done this fall. I'd also like to get the suspension recharged and dialed in some more. If anyone has a tuning guy please send me their info. But other than that, I just want to get back out there and do the same thing I have been doing for years- chillen with friends and shredding some smooth sand. It's been a long, nasty summer so far and I can't wait for some cool weather. 

Electric Power steering is so nice. Can't believe I drove my car for about 8 years without it. 

New to us dune home... Hoping to take it out for the first time over Labor Day, some place cooler.. 

2003 Holiday Rambler Scepter Diesel Pusher

DSC09596.JPG.e4a0a8a5e586a8396d300442ef05bb75.JPG

DSC09591.thumb.JPG.f7b2d39a493488a222017ca3ac001b06.JPG

DSC09601.thumb.JPG.7235bafb9d7c4c185dfe02d410144638.JPGDSC09600.thumb.JPG.dd4ceed120a0ce51bf59f8f46c4b4b71.JPG

And Shasta passed away in May 😢 

I wanted a specific breed of dog when I was ready, I knew I would want to rescue, I figured it was going to take forever to find exactly what I was looking for, since most rescue groups had never heard of the breed before. Catahoula Leopard Dog. I was getting a what? I wanted young, female and mostly black and grey... The group I signed up with found one immediately in Kingman, AZ. So we now have Sandy as our newest family member, she's a handful full of puppy energy, but she'll be able to keep up with our life style and my backpacking adventures.. she already loves her own backpack, I can't wait to be able to put weight in it and take her on her first trip.

IMG_20180812_170741_212.thumb.jpg.0b9c82c5b8819552110530ef03eb0fc5.jpg

IMG_20180616_150325.jpg

• Like 3

The toys are almost all gone and we're getting ready for a Can-Am Maverick X3 X RS Turbo R. :driver:

maverick.jpg

We've upgraded the '05 gasser to a '16 diesel crew cab.....Lovin it!! :assrock:

Yay.jpg

...and upgraded the toyhauler to a 5th wheel. Haven't been out to the dunes since '14, but am getting ready to hit it!!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well...I will be heading back out to Dumont this Halloween for the first time in few years!! I upgraded my car to a 4 seater and added a subi power plant! I’ve had it at Glamis for Presidents’ Day last year but I got sick and didn’t get to have to much fun 😢. Car is getting wrapped on Monday then I’ll edit this and post a pic or two. Oh yeah and I bought my parents toy hauler.  They down sized to a smaller motor home. Looking forward to getting back to Dumont, been going there since I was a kid!! 

Okay so its wrapped! I still need to paint the intercooler/scoop, but other than that I’m ready!!! See you in the dunes!!

19E3BA52-29EE-4EDC-AA9E-9D03288F3D6E.jpeg

72179963-B8DE-4701-929B-A1CBC2BC5984.jpeg

3ACD110D-B728-472E-9A7E-0C491E4D42AC.jpeg

Edited by El diablo
Adding pictures
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Complete new setup for us - We sold off our 2013 powerlite 19cbxl toy Hauler a few months ago and bought a 2011 stealth fs2612 with only one trip this year - we also sold our 2014 rzr 800 4 last month and bought a 2016 rzr 900 4 3 weeks ago just added a windshield and the rugged radio intercom and car to car for all 4 passengers. This will also be our 3rd year with the 07 LBZ classic 2500 Chevy, we sold our 2005 avalanche 1500.

A55747EB-03F9-4C78-A1EC-4160469470CB.jpeg

90C11529-69AB-4FE9-9878-0556AA9F06D3.jpeg

Edited by eDUBz

On 9/29/2018 at 6:48 PM, DuNe~Rydher said:

What a beautiful dog and companion!!! 

Love the look on his face in the 2nd pic.

Thank you! She is really starting to come around and bond with me. That is a why did you stop look! She loves the Maverick and sits in it at camp, sleeps in the passenger seat, I think she might be an addict. :laughing:

On 8/24/2018 at 8:17 AM, Crusty said:

We want to change it up a little this season, my boys want to try MX Bikes, we'll see. I do have some kids quads to sell and upgrade to next size up.

Crusty, What size kids quads?

For me, last season was the BIG upgrade! We went from the 33' 5th wheel toyhauler to the Class C Jayco with enclosed trailer.

The new items for this season are...

The Go Power! 170 Watt solar panel with charge control mounted inside the coach

The Go Power! AGM-100 12V Battery.

We've used it twice so far for short weekend trips. It's worked out great so far. We can't wait to try it out in the dunes for a nice 2-3 night stay. Then I will determine if I need more wattage to support my families needs for the weekend.

The Jayco came with a 1000 watt inverter, I decided to keep that and we'll see if we need to upgrade the inverter next year...Maybe the 3000 watt unit LOL!

• Like 1

On 10/15/2018 at 8:28 AM, Crusty said:

Kasea 90 Quad and Kasea 90 (Big Bore 100cc, Big Carb, Exhaust, Clutch work, etc).

My Gals loved growing up on there Kasea 90 quads....

How much for for the the stock 90??

IrnBear