Cell Tower

dunefreak

• 1 month later...

I was hoping to get some, but we never went looking too much in the area. We only drove up the hill towards the memorial hill. There was a dozer just past the fence line up there, but we didn't see any construction. I have a feeling it may be up in the hills a bit past the fence. 

UPDATE: Good news and bad. Construction has begun, but the tower will not be functioning until April/ March 2019. 😣

A gate was installed at the south end, up in the hills along the fence line just west of the Memorial Hill. A dozer was also delivered and an access road was made to where the tower will be built. These photos are from the project manager. He apparently likes selfies. :laughing:

IMG_5792.JPG

IMG_5798.JPG

IMG_5799.JPG

IMG_5809.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...

WTF is with that guy? He looks like a ghey Paul Hogan. Why would a professional feel the need to put his mug in all of his work pictures???

Maybe I'm just out of touch with the times and that's the way things are nowadays. Just my observation, yours may vary.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't look like any recent work had been done.

Sand was starting to drift onto the road and the dozer looked like it had been sitting a while.

I didn't see power poles run. I imagine the tower will need power, right?

I'm no expert but I doubt the tower will be ready this dune season. My guess is there is a waiting list for tower construction.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I have no idea how they go from a very specific completion date to nothing happening and a very loose completion "date" with a 2 month window (April/May). 

This is what we saw on Sunday from Memorial hill. Just a road going up the mountain which has been done for over a month. No tower though.

IMG_20181209_124006639_HDR.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here's an update on the cell tower construction. NOTHING has happened. All they did was put up that gate in the boundary fence and grade an access road to the top of the mountain as seen in those selfies. :laughing:

I took a little hike up there on our last dune trip just to see for myself. There isn't anything built up there yet. Not even a concrete slab. There's obviously some big holdup or delay in this. Just thought I'd share the latest. There is still no new tower. I have my doubts if it will be completed by April/May like they say. 

IMG_20190120_153306588.jpg

IMG_20190120_153301686_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190120_153250914.jpg

IMG_20190120_152417114.jpg

• Haha 1

We upgraded our Jet Pac at the Verizon Store in Parump and they mentioned the existing tower on Highway 127 had some up grades and additions done. Maybe that's what some are talking about causing some confusion.

Damfino though. Our phones signal definitely got stronger. The new Jet Pac about the same signal but it'll be 5g ready if ever that hits in our lifetimes and it only cost $1 to upgrade on a special deal.

• dunefreak changed the title to New Cell Tower Going In at Dumont
  • 1 month later...

Zipping down the 127 toward Baker this past weekend, was heading to Cali for Mother's Day weekend and of course finish work on my Tattoo 😎

I could see a Cell Tower sticking up into the sky from the Hills between Baby and Big Dunes

Sorry no picture

IrnBear