Toy hauler is ready for the dunes

eDUBz

Officially Ready for the dunes/desert! Fixed the swollen gears in the fuel pump added the moryde  leaf spring equalizer with the heavy duty 1/2” shackles and wetbolt
Kit, All new U-bolts and added shocks on both axles.  What maintenance or upgrades did everyone else do?

F61485C1-FB2E-466E-B53F-81D588A75698.jpeg

66AAE89C-ED50-4AF4-845D-8299A0D90862.jpeg

Edited by eDUBz

I was just happy my generator fired right up. 😆

Those are some great upgrades. I've had many shackle issues in the past. One time I had to ratchet strap my suspension together with a 4x4 block of wood supporting all the weight between the leaf spring and frame. We drove 5 hours home from Glamis like that. 😳 I installed the same HD, grease-able shackles shortly after that trip.

As for my fuel station, that quit working in 2006 probably because of the same stupid swollen gears. Haven't needed it since. haha 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dunefreak said:

I was just happy my generator fired right up. 😆

Those are some great upgrades. I've had many shackle issues in the past. One time I had to ratchet strap my suspension together with a 4x4 block of wood supporting all the weight between the leaf spring and frame. We drove 5 hours home from Glamis like that. 😳 I installed the same HD, grease-able shackles shortly after that trip.

As for my fuel station, that quit working in 2006 probably because of the same stupid swollen gears. Haven't needed it since. haha 

Genny starting right up is always a good sign. 😎 Most likely the gears, cheap and quick fix. 

That most of been a sketchy white knuckle drive. 😳

5 hours ago, DuNe~Rydher said:

Ehh, I made sure my batteries had water in them. Lol.

I should probably re grease my wheel bearings but I'm to lazy. So I'll just use the EZ lube fittings for another season. 

Nice upgrades.

First thing I did last season was repack the bearings. When your entire wheel and hub assembly  passes you up on I- 40 in the middle of AZ it leaves a mental scar in your brain. Hahaha. 

3 hours ago, eDUBz said:

Genny starting right up is always a good sign. 😎 Most likely the gears, cheap and quick fix. 

That most of been a sketchy white knuckle drive. 😳

I don't use the fuel station so I'm not too worried about it. 

Yeah, and it was a two lane road on 95 north at night. No bueno! It was stressful, to say the least. 

3 hours ago, eDUBz said:

First thing I did last season was repack the bearings. When your entire wheel and hub assembly  passes you up on I- 40 in the middle of AZ it leaves a mental scar in your brain. Hahaha. 

oh damn 🤣

This sounds like a new thread idea. Post your RV / towing horror stories. haha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, raspadoo said:

Took a leaf blower and blew out the sand in the enclosed from last year. All ready :thumb:

Man that must of been an all day task! 😁

1 hour ago, dirtflickarooster said:

shampooed carpers

hung new tv

re-screwed some cabinet doors in

put new amplifierIMG_2422.thumb.jpg.2035d068ec470d2e32e300a82d441b00.jpgIMG_2417.thumb.jpg.405c5ac67f6380c64cf0857b892401e2.jpg

Nice and clean looking rig. 

Edited by eDUBz
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/3/2018 at 10:37 AM, eDUBz said:

Last time we went to Dumont, I got less than 5 miles from the house and the pass side wheel well was smoking like crazy...blew the bearings/hub...luckily I was able to nurse it home and get it fixed in a cpl hrs

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 10/3/2018 at 1:53 PM, dunefreak said:

I don't use the fuel station so I'm not too worried about it. 

Yeah, and it was a two lane road on 95 north at night. No bueno! It was stressful, to say the least. 

oh damn 🤣

This sounds like a new thread idea. Post your RV / towing horror stories. haha

Quest, Red Flatbed and Buggy loaded all wrong.   Potosi adventure we will never forget!

• Haha 1