2nd Fatality Thanksgiving Week

dunefreak

First the one on Monday night/ Tuesday morning now this...

On Thursday, 11/22/2018, at 0035 hours, California Highway Patrol officer’s responded to an off-highway vehicle collision at Dumont Dunes Off-Highway Vehicle Area north of Baker. 55-year-old Richard William Pasquarello, a Las Vegas resident was the driver and sole occupant of a 2019 Polaris RZR who lost control of the Polaris and rolled. Pasquarello was pronounced dead at the scene. The California Highway Patrol is investigating the collision

My buddy Randy saw them dragging the busted up RZR down from the dune Thursday morning near the big bowl. So sad. I wonder if he was not belted in. If anyone has more info or knew Richard, please let us know. 

• Sad 2

• dunefreak changed the title to 2nd Fatality Thanksgiving Week

Richard died at the scene do to serious injury's.  Such a shame his life ends so early, but on to the next chapter he must go.  

He has been my friend(family) my entire life,  and I will miss him tremendously.  My greatest memories as a kid were chasing rabbits in Delamar and camping with Rich and my dad.  My heart goes out to his family, so sorry for your lost .  J.S .

• Sad 4

Toll down at Glamis is at least 6, but the number 8 is being floated around this morning. Helluva way for family and friends to have to return from a holiday. Let's try to be more careful out there peeps. It's supposed to be fun, not tragic.

Sad Thanksgiving for many, seems the stuff in G was mostly non side by side related... I would say though, and it has been said before (not referring to any particular accident) All side by side stock belts need to be changed out to harnesses before use as well as Polaris cages. If you can not afford to spend that extra money you can not afford the side by side... Godspeed to all the fellow duners who lost their lives and prayers to all those effected, I couldn't even imagine.... 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, aceisback said:

Toll down at Glamis is at least 6, but the number 8 is being floated around this morning. Helluva way for family and friends to have to return from a holiday. Let's try to be more careful out there peeps. It's supposed to be fun, not tragic.

Ugh!! I wonder how many from the accident at the drags. I heard it was one dead and 2 airlifted last. 

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 4:04 AM, cj5pioneer said:

Richard died at the scene do to serious injury's.  Such a shame his life ends so early, but on to the next chapter he must go.  

He has been my friend(family) my entire life,  and I will miss him tremendously.  My greatest memories as a kid were chasing rabbits in Delamar and camping with Rich and my dad.  My heart goes out to his family, so sorry for your lost .  J.S .

Sorry for your loss.

Hate to hear these stories.

We saw both of the rzr’s Being towed out.  Both cages collapsed, the single seat was worse.   Neither accident looked that forceful.   I don’t have info on helmets or belts.   Just keep getting the word out.  You have to put a proper cage, and belts, before you go riding.   

• Like 4