First Time Visitor

GLKPRHOG

I plan on visiting Dumont Dunes this weekend before Christmas for the first time and I am hoping someone can answer a few questions

Current vehicles RZR 800, Ricon 600 ATV, KLX125 and CR 50 all have dirt tires, in order to ride @ Dumont do the vevehicles require paddle tires?

My kids, 12 and 8 that will be riding a KLX125 and CR50, should I stick to the Little Dunes area? Is that area hard packed enough for dirt tires?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Welcome to DDR. Dumont doesn't require paddles, but it helps. The little bikes will have trouble getting up the dunes, but there are plenty of smaller dunes and less fluff they can play in at the south end of the camp area. (B14 area on the grid map below)

The little 2 wheelers will probably want to stay out of the sand altogether and stick to the flats. The Little Dumont is a good option, but it's not your only one. Sperry Wash area is fun if you are limited on power and traction. You can camp nearby (E3-E4 area) and take trails down there. As for the RZR and ATV, just air down a little and you can go pretty much everywhere except the really big, steep dunes or razorbacks.

Have a great weekend.

grid-map.jpg

if you are staying at the little dunes, it is mostly family with little kids if you have a 800 really should stay near the larger dunes, personally if you do not have paddles staying across from the ranger station and hitting all the hard pack hills works out really well

if you are in the little dune and are not familiar with them, then you should really know your surroundings due to so many small kids on the small dunes